Makeup assessment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarah griffiths

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just wondered if you could help me I am currently doing level 2 beauty therapy at college and I am stuck on a makeup question the question is why is it important to check if the client wears contact lenses or glasses before treatment ?would be greatful if anybody could help me please

I think In my level 2 the answer to that was that they would need to remove the contact lenses when applying makeup - especially to the eyes! And you also want to do makeup that won't make the eyes look too small when they have their glasses on!

Hope that helps a bit :)

Hi, i teach makeup and havent come across this particular question in an exam, however would suggest that they are looking for information along the lines of: checking to see if client wears contact lenses and if so you may need to check mascara type etc as some contain filaments which may irritate the eye. i personally wouldnt ask a client to remove their lenses before applying makeup, as this means after all your hard work the client then has to try and put their lenses back in which could cause the makeup to smudge etc, also some peoples eyes water when they put them in. Re glasses, as the post above states, dependant on the lenses in the glasses, the eyes can look bigger or smaller so i normally get the client to pop them back on quickly once i have done the eyes check if it looks ok/colours need muting/darkening/adjusting etc.x

Its so that you are more gentle when working round the eye area when a client has on lenses x

As someone who wears contact lenses- if the answer they are looking for is that they need to remove contacts, they have not consulted with people who actually wear them. I have for 15 years and still get teary more often than not.

Latest posts

Back