Making chrome last?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Autumnly

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to make chrome last yet? Ive tried every technique under the sun (two top coat, different gel top coat, builder gel on top, different chrome brand) and no matter what I would get chipping at the tips!

Has anyone figured out how to make chrome last yet? Ive tried every technique under the sun (two top coat, different gel top coat, builder gel on top, different chrome brand) and no matter what I would get chipping at the tips!

Have you tried some primer at the tip? :)

I recently saw someone said they apply gel base coat prior to top coat.
Ive not tried this myself but it might be worth a try

I recently saw someone said they apply gel base coat prior to top coat.
Ive not tried this myself but it might be worth a try
I've tried with different bases and they either take away the chrome effect or chips away at the edges :(

Have you tried some primer at the tip? :)
Yes, I've tried YN Protien Bond but maybe I'm doing it wrong? If you don't mind me asking how you apply it at the tips?

I do base & then topcoat on top, never had a chip

I read somewhere to file the free edge ever so gently with a buffer after applying chrome, might be worth a try!

Is it possibly the top coat or lamp that’s the issue?
I only use my topcoat and never have an issue with it.

I find using base and top coat is a waste or products.. Use primer.. Just a tiny bit amount.. Dip, almost dry the brush, do all ten nails.. Works like a charm..

I read somewhere to file the free edge ever so gently with a buffer after applying chrome, might be worth a try!
I haven't heard of this technique! I'll give it a try, thanks!

Is it possibly the top coat or lamp that’s the issue?
I only use my topcoat and never have an issue with it.
Hmm I don't think it is seeing as the gel itself is lasting just that the chrome chips away at the edges. :(
What kind of top coat do you use?

I find using base and top coat is a waste or products.. Use primer.. Just a tiny bit amount.. Dip, almost dry the brush, do all ten nails.. Works like a charm..
I'm sorry do you mind clarifiying for me? Do i put the primer one after I apply the chrome or before? On the tips or the whole nail?

Hmm I don't think it is seeing as the gel itself is lasting just that the chrome chips away at the edges. :(
What kind of top coat do you use?

I’ve used different top coats.
If the chrome is chipping at the edges the top coat must be too.

I'm sorry do you mind clarifiying for me? Do i put the primer one after I apply the chrome or before? On the tips or the whole nail?

After the chrome has been applied and carefully on the tips.. Your brush should be really dry, almost no product at all...

Latest posts

Back