Making own lotions....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMARA_J

Reaction score
I am guessing you would have to have a license for making your own hand/feet maks & lotions etc....Or am i wrong? I am wondering about health and safety and allerigic reactions?
Any one have any views on this at all?:)

Hi, I've looked into this and yes, if you intend to sell your product then it does need to be tested. Its really complicated, you also have to list all the ingredients, each batch needs to be tested. there is a website that has a pdf you can download from www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk. they also sell ingredients. If you are just making oils or scrubs etc for use in treatment, it is fine, just check in the consultation that your client has no allergies. I make up organic products for body and foot treatments and my clients love them! Good luck and I hope this helps.

Milly

I think PETERPAN on here makes her own products (correct me if I am wrong) maybe she will be able tell you about the guidlines you will need to follow xx

:green: Thanks for all your replies

I find a product i like, buy in bulk (like 5kg) or 5 litres, then repackage, there is a supplier in Aus that manufactures and will package for you if needed, they also sell fantastic looking jars and packaging www.newdirections.com.au they are a great company, they do essential oils in bulk, lotions,potions,candles etc, great quality products.
They also have recipes on their site !!!! You guys are gonna have a field day on this site:)

Latest posts

Back