Making silver hair lighter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I’ve recently just coloured my friend’s hair silver (didn’t realised it was still in fashion) oh well it came out amazing I had to pre-lighten and tone, I toned with Schwarzkopf silverwhites steel grey. He was a natural level 6. But now he wants to go lighter in silver...I’ve suggested letting it fade naturally as it’ll go lighter eventually, but him being a man can’t wait and also I suspect he puts on far too much product which makes it look wet so of course it’s going to look darker than it actually is...anyways any recommendations please?

My initial step I’m thinking is to break up the overall space grey silver tone with a few highlights and tone with a lighter silver? I’ve checked the hair, the porosity is in good condition still - haven’t done hair in awhile am so proud of the outcome [emoji5]

Many thanks in advance for your advice, tips and tricks :)

I wouldn’t bother, I would ask him to shampoo his hair a few times and it will lighten up almost instantly. He is being impatient, silver/grey hair washes out super quick anyway so your be putting time and effort into someone that a few shampoos would get rid of anyway.

as above it will fade very quickly.
but if he is really that impatient a quick bleach bath will take it out really quickly and gently provided it was lifted light enough before (ideally level 10) ready to be toned again x

Thank you to you both so much for taking the time to reply! I shall go ahead with both your advice, much appreciated :)

Latest posts

Back