Male chest wax help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shan-Jade

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for advice on how to prevent spots / red marks after waxing - i waxed my boyfriends chest for the first time a few weeks ago and he came out in an awful rash - afterwards - i used hive honey wax - he had no discomfort during the treatment so i have no cause to believe it is an allergic reaction but the red spots took at least a week to go down / i myself get red spots after waxing but after 24 hours they vanish

It was the first time he had ever been waxed so i ensured the hairs weren't too long before hand - i applied pre wax and also after wax solution so i'm not sure where i went wrong - it's really knocked my confidence

Did he have a hot shower/bath, sunbathe or apply anything scented afterwards?
If it was hot weather at the time you waxed him it could also be that if he sweated afterwards.
It may also just be his reaction to being waxed for the first time, I’m sure you did everything fine xx

Did he have a hot shower/bath, sunbathe or apply anything scented afterwards?
If it was hot weather at the time you waxed him it could also be that if he sweated afterwards.
It may also just be his reaction to being waxed for the first time, I’m sure you did everything fine xx

aw thank you lovely! it has been very warm here in the uk so no doubt it is due to that - i have waxed numerous ladies legs and never had this issue but the hair on the chest is quite corse - i might try a sensitive wax next time. xx

aw thank you lovely! it has been very warm here in the uk so no doubt it is due to that - i have waxed numerous ladies legs and never had this issue but the hair on the chest is quite corse - i might try a sensitive wax next time. xx
It is most likely the heat then. I have waxed my regular clients during this heat & they seem to have come up a little redder than they usually do when it’s cooler.
Get him to use aloe Vera or any antiseptic lotion for a few days after his next wax & hopefully that should help xx

I find if the weather is hot it is best to close of the pores on the chest with a cloth run under cool water. This stops any sweat entering the pores and causing infection.

The first time my daughter waxed her boyfriends chest (she is qualified!) he also had this rash that lasted for days - and it wasn't particularly hot either. On subsequent waxwings it has been fine though

I find over the years that a lot of guys get a rash due to the hair being close to the coarseness of pubic hair sometimes and big fat roots, a Greek client gave me the tip of them using sudocrem for a couple of days after and on most it worked wonders x

Latest posts

Back