Male client for NNO.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
hiya geeks, Have a male client coming in soon, he wants an overlay for strength reasons..
After a clean and tidy i will apply a clear L&P over his nn, but any ideas on how to get less shine? with my usual filing procedure minus the high shine buffer i'm still getting a high shine, but i dont want to leave them scratchy either and by leaving out the buffer. He doesn't want polish.. and im not sure i have any matte enough anyway. If anyone has male clients for overlays could you tell me your procedure and products you use..
thanks very much.

i did this for a few men in back in school. they didnt seem to mind the natural shine from the overlay. i used cnd natural powder, you can use clear also. i do the same as i do for the ladies, minus the high shine. there is a very matte clear polish just for men from essie called "man-cure". i love this, as do the male clients i have had.

after the overlay and normal filing and buffing, use cuticle oil as normal as men really seem to need it more than the ladies, then remove the shine and oil from nails with a nail dehydrator on the overlay. brings the shine to a bare minimium. my male clients seem to like this very much. some do the man-cure from essie, but some dont.

hope this helps.

Thanks for the advice.. I ended up using 1 part clear and 2 parts natural, gave his nails a lovely finish without looking overly done ifykwim.. I retailed him a pinkie of solar oil and said USE IT!!!! and I actually think he will... dehydrator would work well.. i took the oil off with scrub fresh and he seemed happy.. will look into Essie man-cure.. thanks again!

Latest posts

Back