Male nail biter - help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
Someone has come to me and asked for help, he has bitten his nails terribly for years and wants me to do something to help him. I have seen loads of nail biter threads on here but no man hands lol! Has anyone done anything like this for the guys?
Thanks in advance xx

I'm assuming it would be exactly the same process for a guy but with a natural / matte topcoat?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your reply. Yes he doesn't want his nails to look shiny and 'done'. Has anyone ever done this for a man? Would be really interested to see pictures if anyone has any?

Someone has come to me and asked for help, he has bitten his nails terribly for years and wants me to do something to help him. I have seen loads of nail biter threads on here but no man hands lol! Has anyone done anything like this for the guys?
Thanks in advance xx

I've done a few men's hands including my husbands, and I've used natural tips to cover up some damage, and just sculpted with natural. My husband was so bad I had to do tips because he had so much damage to his nail beds. They were very swollen and bitten back more than half way. It was not ideal, and may have looked a bit long, but he needed the protection of the tip covering the soft skin not liquid n powder touching that very gentle area.

I think IBX would be a good place to start. A good clean up and tidy will help him to not bite and don't be afraid to charge him well. My OH tells me that the thought that he has to pay for his manicure (he insists! really!) stops him from biting his nails.

I've done the hubby's in the past using a former & clear gel then buffing away to remove all the shine. Worked a treat but he still bites them! Lol

Some of his nails are bitten down really far. I'm wondering if sculpting would be possible. I'm hopefully doing the build it training with CND next month.

Apparently there is a nail product by Jessica called Nibble No More which tastes of bile :eek: It stays put all day despite hand washing. If that doesn't stop em I don't know what will lol

Seriously though, I would have thought overlays would be perfect, maybe just nudged over the bitten edge when the l&p is semi set and has gone matte.... I don't think i'd sculpt but just a couple of millimetres would help a bit.

Apparently there is a nail product by Jessica called Nibble No More which tastes of bile :eek: It stays put all day despite hand washing. If that doesn't stop em I don't know what will lol

Seriously though, I would have thought overlays would be perfect, maybe just nudged over the bitten edge when the l&p is semi set and has gone matte.... I don't think i'd sculpt but just a couple of millimetres would help a bit.

Thanks Blossom, I'll see if he wants to try the Jessica stuff. Xx

My hubby used to be a terrible biter. I found that by giving them a good tidy up and lots of oil he started to take pride in them and stopped biting. Now he has his own bottle of solar oil in his locker at work!! I was going to do Brisa smoothing on him and buff it to a Matt finish but he managed to stop without.

Orly do a nails for males all in one base and top coat. My fella was a nail biter, I didn't do any polish (that would of been pushing it) but I gave him a normal manicure and just buffed his nails to finish. Doing it every week keeping his nails clipped short to avoid temptation he now has lovely nails! He doesn't bite anymore just clips them if they get a bit long
Here's a pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395219379.085448.jpg
So proud of him his nails look so good now

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

Thanks in advance xx

Hi Meira! I would strongly recommend Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. It is THE perfect product for nail biters male or female. I have a few nurses who have done my 'nail biter' programme & this is the product I have used & they're success is amazing!!! For the nurses, I lightly buff the topcoat with the green side of the CND buffer as this removes any shine - they honestly look like their own nails - just a bit healthier!! I can send u pics if you want? I just cannot recommend this enough!! I had a man asking for it coming up to his wedding - but I was away in Ireland for a few weeks at the time :(

Hi Meira! I would strongly recommend Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel. It is THE perfect product for nail biters male or female. I have a few nurses who have done my 'nail biter' programme & this is the product I have used & they're success is amazing!!! For the nurses, I lightly buff the topcoat with the green side of the CND buffer as this removes any shine - they honestly look like their own nails - just a bit healthier!! I can send u pics if you want? I just cannot recommend this enough!! I had a man asking for it coming up to his wedding - but I was away in Ireland for a few weeks at the time :(

Thanks so much, pictures would be great!

Thanks so much, pictures would be great!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395410135.969309.jpg
These are mother & daughter with Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel.
If you need to buff off the shine - use the green side of the CND buffer 😊
I haven't buff off shine in these pics - but you can see how natural it looks??

Latest posts

Back