Male waxing client - nervous or another agenda?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry that was aimed at Virtues2011

How long is a piece of string....you are asking people to assume what happened. All i'd say is he asked you a question on intimate waxing, you answered, he paid and you left....if you didn't like it...don't offer the male waxing service.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app
I'd say that she's not asking people to assume what happened but what COULD have happened..........which is an entirely different thing and I totally understand why she felt nervous.

Being asked to go upstairs to do a small amount of waxing!!!! That doesn't feel right to me.

If he had the insurance man round to discuss policies would he of said 'oh in case the neighbours can see through the net, let's go and discuss this paperwork on the bed upstairs'
I doubt it!
She was there to provide a perfectly respectable service, why did he feel the need to say let's go upstairs?
Sounds odd to me still, whether he meant anything or not, I don't think he should of told her to go upstairs, imo!

This makes me feel uneasy. I think you obviously feel odd about it otherwise you wouldnt be posting. If you do decide to go back maybe have your other half waiting in the car or something until you are sure his reason are genuine. A few things don't add up to me.

Your safety is the most important thing, if you're questioning his motives I would think twice....

What exactly is harsh about it? You've just stated......., "I don't suppose there's any way to tell what his real intentions were" .....this is the same as me saying ' you are asking people to assume" .....it's your perception that is unhelpful...not my reply.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

"If you didn't like it... Don't offer a male waxing service"... Really?!

Obviously a seriously different perception on what's helpful and what's unnecessary. Let's just leave it at that and hope some of these other replies provide more useful than yours.

Funny how a little bit of information goes a long way. I realised when the OP said what he had waxed that I know this guy. He should know better!

Funny how a little bit of information goes a long way. I realised when the OP said what he had waxed that I know this guy. He should know better!

Oh! So... is she right to be cautious?

Oh! So... is she right to be cautious?
Best we don't discuss clients on here, especially as I post under my real name :Love: x

This makes me feel uneasy. I think you obviously feel odd about it otherwise you wouldnt be posting. If you do decide to go back maybe have your other half waiting in the car or something until you are sure his reason are genuine. A few things don't add up to me.

Your safety is the most important thing, if you're questioning his motives I would think twice....

These are my thoughts exactly. You can think up numerous reasons as to why he asked you to go upstairs, you have no way of knowing why it was, but I for one would not book him in again just in case my guess was horribly wrong. Trust your gut my darling, if it feels wrong, don't do it.

Before anyone jumps in and says don't tar every man as a sex offender or pervert and that we think every man fancies us, please understand that this is not the case. You have to put yourself first and think of your safety. It's not a woman's fault she has to think like that, it's the sex offenders who pray on women.... and men also.

Last edited:
So glad I posted this now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds weird to me and I wouldn't be comfortable with it.

I generally find that when you're in doubt about something a man has said, ask another man. I've quite often got myself in daft situations by thinking a man is just being friendly when actually they are flirting and my male friends laugh at me when I tell them what was said lol. Ask a platonic male friend, they know how other guys think. Hth x

You have to remember too that for a lot of men this industry is classed as a woman's thing so you will find that you will deal with guys who can be really shy about either going into a salon or having someone come to them as they may not want to get seen by their mates etc for fear of being teased. Obviously he chose you to go to him rather then into a salon, so I think if you treat him again see if you can pick up a shy vibe from him. My husband won't even set foot in my salon for that very reason.

Male clients tend to be a one therapist guy, unlike some woman who will go as I like to call it 'salon shopping' men will try to hang onto you as they feel they can trust you.

You must remember you are a professional, you need to act like one but you need to remember to be firm if they do try anything and not be afraid to punch him in the nose and run out screaming :D
You never know he could well become your best male client, but keep safe.

I do a lot of male waxing and ted to find the men get very nervous. Although if you felt something wasnt quite right then id say perhaps the next time u can make your excuses and ask him to attend at your house as your car etc isnt running. Xx

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your advice everyone. As I said before I am so glad that I posted my question as I have gained an insight to this client. I initially asked because I didn't want to cast judgement without covering all areas. I have sons, a husband, a father and uncles and would hate to think that they would be judged unfairly. I am mobile so don't have any colleagues to discuss this with. Now I see that although he may have been shy, his behaviour was not normal. I am very relieved that he didn't try anything but feel that may also be due to my approach. Any ideas he may have had were quickly quashed as I remained professional.

This is why I love Salon Geek. On this occasion, it has been a great resource and possibly saved me from any future awkward situations with this client. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back