Mani & pedi's - not offering

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopes&Dreams

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently don't offer standard mani's & pedi's and the reason is, I actually own very limited polishes.

I'm soon moving to another salon and i'm wondering if now is the time to introduce them. I mainly do shellac where I am now and another therapist does the standard mani's and pedi's. Do you think i'm missing a trick here? I just don't like the "faffing" they entail, especially pedicures with the soaking etc.

I'm not sure if now having to buy a lot of standard polishes is a good idea?

I must admit I hate standard manicures and dont do many, even file and polishes annoy me lol. Pedicures I actually have regulars who come every 2 weeks, they like their hard skin done mainly. In the summer I do a lot as well. I considered taking manicure/pedicures off my list , but tbh I would lose clients. I dont have loads of polishes prob 25 but as long as you have basic colours to start you off. !X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same, I cant see the point of a manicure when the polish is off within days! I am looking at doing callus peels, I know this is a different thing altogether, I might do a deal with Shellac or Minx x

Definatly do pedicures. Summer toes are a great way of making more money through the summer and you can offer a "fingers and toes" service and get more people through the door. Polishes aren't expensive I like the misa ones from Nsi websight great colours and really bright. I have loads for pedicures, I don't do normal manicure unless it's requested as gel polish is the way forward for hands! Xxx

Shellac is my main treatment by far but I also do lots of manicure and pedicures and more so since I introduced vinylux. I do shellac and then do a pedi after, I do lots of that too. I have clients who will have file and polish regularly, some who have manis and only have shellac for holidays, a real mixture but Therese definitely no way I could take them off my price list!

It depends if you don't enjoy doing them then don't ! I run two salons and clients can tell if the therapist is passionate about what she does or not! Personally I like doing both.

We no longer offer paint manicures or pedicures. We do about 2 pedis per year and zero manis so they are now off the menu.

However, if someone came in off the street and asked for one we would not turn them away, we would try to turn it into a shellac service but would do the paint if they insisted.

We sell Vinylux but do not offer it as a service.

xx

Latest posts

Back