manicure/pedicure certificate

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
Im Looking at enrolling on an evening course at my local college for my man/ped certificate.

now i already done my 5 day foundation in L&P
Brisa Induction
Fabric Induction
Spa Man/Ped Induction
Pre Masters
and am booked to do my tips and troubleshooting.

after the confusion last week about the spa man/ped is it a qualification/ more product knowledge i have looked into getting this certificate - has anyone done this with their local college?? is it worth it and would you recommend it?? xx

Hi, I am looking at doing the same thing to be honest (have already done my L&P foundation).
I did my C&G manicure course about 15 yrs ago :eek: but didn't carry on with nails and obviously now I cannot remember it all so have decided to go back to basics to do the VTCT course at my local college, basically to get up to date training and to get the qualification for insurance purposes, I cant see that it can do any harm :)

You can do a mani & pedi course with Creative.

i've done SPA man/ped- chris - but there was confusion over if it was a real qualification or if it was just product knowledge ? xx

i've done SPA man/ped- chris - but there was confusion over if it was a real qualification or if it was just product knowledge ? xx
The SPA man/pedi course is a product based course. The SPA Masters is more theory based and exceeds the NVQ mani/pedi standard so you could probably do an NVQ assessment with that.

Creative do non-SPA non-product mani/pedi courses with which you could do an NVQ assessment. Give your educator a call.

I did an IHBC back in the 90,s, it's very generic. Of course the anatomy & physiology is the same but the rest of it (and from what I see & hear it hasn't changed) needs to be updated. It certainly wouldn't be the type of manicure you could perform on a client in the salon today. Things have moved on, products & techniques are so much better. You do learn enough, if not more, about A&P & health & safety with Creative, you also learn how to perform a manicure for todays market.

Hi, Im doing the same thing, im booking on the nail treatments course in September. Its an adults evening course. It covers manicures and pedicures. I have done the L&P foundation also, and was going to book on the spa mani and pedi course but I wanted to do the college course first, it lasts for 17 weeks. Its a qualification under your belt so it can never be a bad thing really.

In my area the adult courses are enrolling on 22nd August and I do know that the manicure courses get booked up quickly so if you want to do it make sure you don't miss the enrolling!

Oh by the way its a VCTC qualification.

I will miss the first session as I am getting married and will be on my honeymoon, but ive checked and she said this is fine! phew!! ha ha!

Hi, Im doing the same thing, im booking on the nail treatments course in September. Its an adults evening course. It covers manicures and pedicures. I have done the L&P foundation also, and was going to book on the spa mani and pedi course but I wanted to do the college course first, it lasts for 17 weeks. Its a qualification under your belt so it can never be a bad thing really.

In my area the adult courses are enrolling on 22nd August and I do know that the manicure courses get booked up quickly so if you want to do it make sure you don't miss the enrolling!

Oh by the way its a VCTC qualification.

I will miss the first session as I am getting married and will be on my honeymoon, but ive checked and she said this is fine! phew!! ha ha!

this is what i am doing vctc manicure and pedicure, enrolling wednesday to hopefully start 11th or 12th september tuesday evenings.

I did the VTCT MANI/PEDI at college & yeh I would say its worth doing!! :)

hiya, i went to my local college to get my man and ped certificate. i did it through VTCT and it cost about 100 quid. id say it was worth it as i needed to do a man and ped before i can do extensions as it is a prerequisite for the college extensions courses. it lasted about 17 weeks and it was one day a week - saturday 9-12.30. so it was good hours, they also did an evening course 6-9.30. id say it is worth doing - go for it! x :green:

yeah it sounds like a few of you have done this course - this one is £144 on a sat morning for 3 hrs and its for 17/18 weeks. im gonna ring up and book.

im also strangely being drawn to the painting and decorating course 2 lol - i really need to learn how to wallpaper!!! xx

yeah it sounds like a few of you have done this course - this one is £144 on a sat morning for 3 hrs and its for 17/18 weeks. im gonna ring up and book.

im also strangely being drawn to the painting and decorating course 2 lol - i really need to learn how to wallpaper!!! xx
I would go for it hun, i did it as part of my beauty therapy course & its worth doing xxx

well i have emailed to check availabilty cos i when i enquired a few years back there was a waiting list. x

I did my VTCT in man and Ped first as it was a prerequisit that you had this qualification before you were allowed to do any nail enhancements. I am a bit old fashioned and believe that everyone should have this or equiv before they are allowed to do any enhancement course! As you will see from posts how can you replace weeks at college with the first 1-2 days of a five day course. Any way most quality companies make sure you have a qualification before they sign you up training.

Sorry Rant over. You go girl! You will be much more employable with the right qualifications and you will get good insurance cover.
Charlotte

Any way most quality companies make sure you have a qualification before they sign you up training.

Charlotte

I would class creative as a quality company!!!
I have just rung the college and have had to join a waiting list they said it could be 2years before I can do this course, so im going to take chris's advice acd check with creative about theit non-SPA related course.xx

Latest posts

Back