Manicure/pedicure refresher, anyone know a good course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kim.ro18

Reaction score
Hi fellow Geeks

Im soon( end of this year, beginning of next) to start up again on my own, and i've already decided on who im tanning with etc, and hopefully get that done soon:)

But i am also wanting to offer manicures and pedicures(no extension/gels at the moment, i don't want to run before i can walk). as well as a few other treatments.

I did this is college about 5 years ago, but its been years since i did it in a salon, and i feel rusty, i want to be UBER confident when i do start up, as im planning putting vouchers and deals in local paper to run up business, and i do not want to jump straight in ,thinking that "oh well it cant be that difficult'

As i am vey sure i've forgotten things, and i am certain i need some practice before.

SO was wondering, if anyone can tell me where do good refresher courses, day course or a more long term one. and a good product to use, i have heaps of OPI at home? that still any good to use?

also does any one know if you can re-attend college, just to gain practise? i studied in Scotland so got HND, but live in England now?

I was the same, trained at college a few years ago and wanted to refresh so I did Nubar's mani/pedi course. It's 2 days, the tutor was lovely and I love their products.

Hi, we run a one day manicure and pedicure course, which might be what you are looking for. We are based near Waterlooville (about 15 mins from Portsmouth). Southern School of Beauty Therapy.

Hi

Can anyone go to either of these courses?.. just i really don't feel confident with Nails, i used to, but with not having done it in ages, im nervous..hence why i want the training?

What was included in the course? and do any offer weekend training?

thanks

Yes these courses are for beginners, and if you have already trained before, you will have a big head start. Have a look on our website for details of what we cover, and give us a call if you have any questions.

Hi hon,
I have done two courses with CND/S2 that I'd recommend. I had trained in enhancements but didn't feel confident with a standard pedicure procedure do I did their Spa-tacular course (one day) which covered luxury manicure & pedicure procedures, inc massage etc and also our trainer showed us paraffin treatments! I also did the Polishing one-day course which covered perfect application & French.

I'd recommend both in a flash Xx

Hi hon,
I have done two courses with CND/S2 that I'd recommend. I had trained in enhancements but didn't feel confident with a standard pedicure procedure do I did their Spa-tacular course (one day) which covered luxury manicure & pedicure procedures, inc massage etc and also our trainer showed us paraffin treatments! I also did the Polishing one-day course which covered perfect application & French.

I'd recommend both in a flash Xx

Hi

What is the S2 part mean lol??... I have heard that CHD are great, but pricey, but it is something i would consider doing, as i used to offer mani/pedis and be fine with that. and i do want to progress further to do extensions, shellac and gels.

I did calgel a few years back but i didnt feel confident, then i got pregnant, moved house, married so never got back to it. But id love to do all of it and be really confident in it :)

Hi

What is the S2 part mean lol??... I have heard that CHD are great, but pricey, but it is something i would consider doing, as i used to offer mani/pedis and be fine with that. and i do want to progress further to do extensions, shellac and gels.

I did calgel a few years back but i didnt feel confident, then i got pregnant, moved house, married so never got back to it. But id love to do all of it and be really confident in it :)

S2 shorthand for Sweetsquared which is the UK company representing CND, depends which country you're in though (sorry I didn't check your profile) anyway if you're UK based check out www.sweetsquared.com

For the Spa-tacular day you actually get a kit as well so that one's well worth the money IMO.

The polishing course is very specifically polishing not the whole manicure/pedicure training xx

Latest posts

Back