Manicure pricing for a celeb?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Just a quick one, if you do manicures for a ‘celeb’ or someone in the public eye do you still charge them the normal price ? I know there still normal people and why shouldn’t they pay but I wondered if people offered it cheaper or something in return for them posting it on social media etc?

Personally i would always keep it professional, and charge them normal price. I would cringe asking to #tag me in pictures also I’m thinking if a celeb was coming to you, your business would be busy enough that you wouldn’t need promoting! Unless you wanted to get session or other celeb work!?

I know a ‘celeb’ who goes to local salons and always ‘forgets’ her purse. I would change double

Personally i would always keep it professional, and charge them normal price. I would cringe asking to #tag me in pictures also I’m thinking if a celeb was coming to you, your business would be busy enough that you wouldn’t need promoting! Unless you wanted to get session or other celeb work!?

Yeah I do agree charging a normal amount. However I do think them mentioning you would be really good for any business. I know a fair few salons that are really popular and they still get mentioned etc. I guess it’s just depending on the situation and how natural it would feel to ask. I’d definitely find it a bit uncomfortable to just randomnly come out with it !

I know a ‘celeb’ who goes to local salons and always ‘forgets’ her purse. I would change double

No way ! They’d Definitely go in the blacklist ! X

She’s from Towie one of the old ones.

Ooooooh, am I really pathetic or is anyone else a little desperate to find out who it is? :D

No names please, thank you.

Bet you can all guess

Absolutely charge the same as you'd charge anyone else. If during the treatment you've built up a good rapport, and she's happy with your work etc, then mention about tagging / reviewing on Social Media. I do with all my clients. Most have found me through word-of-mouth or reviews so it's fair game to ask them to carry it on. Celeb publicity is good publicity :) Although I did do a celeb Brazilian wax a couple of years ago and couldn't bear to ask her to go shout about it on Twitter. ;) She came to me because she knew it would be discreet & professional.

Latest posts

Back