Manual tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
Does anybody offer a manual tan anymore or is it all spray tan? I don't have the room to do spray tanning in my beauty room and thought about doing fake bake manual tan as more of a treatment including full body exfoliation? I do a lot of body treatments and massage so though this may be a good idea for the summer? Do you think it could be popular? Do you do manual tan or is it all spray tans nowadays? Xx

I offer both (all fake bake) but tbh all go for spray as its just quicker and cheaper and looks ok once sprayed to go home, but I do love a manual tan as its a lovely treatment with full exfoliation it just looks a bit messy once done but gives a lovely tan.

I only do sprays now, but used to do the Fake Bake manual tan, and I kind of miss it. I was only saying yesterday that I think I might get some just for me - so much easier to do on yourself, love the colour and fades better than any spray tan I've used!!! I'm getting a little melancholy.....

I'm going to get so e and give a whirl. If no one wants it all the more for me lol. I remember when I used to wear it how lovely it was after the wash off. I think if I advertise it as more of a tanning treatment it might work.

I read in Professional Beauty this month that manual tans are returning as more of a treatment and especially with the over 35's- that includes me yay, I think the results and wear is better.

Do anyone offer manual anymore? :biggrin:

Where i used to work we only offered manual tanning as a treatment and it sold incredibly well. Tbh i always advise clients that unless the have oily skin all over the body they should be having the manual tan as the alcohol in the sprys can be really drying and thus opening the skin up to more uv damage. I can always tell who has used manual compared to spray just by looking at the condition of their skin. Love the fake bake gold lotion tan and i find the smoothie oil with the tan retails incredibly well too.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, does anybody do the manual tan training in London? I want to learn all aspects of tanning if poss., cheers guys.

Most of my clients are over 40 and I only offer manual tan (St Tropez, although planning on going over to Kissed By Mi), which I still have a call for. I think people like the treatment aspect of it, i.e. laying down, getting a full body scrub etc!

For those that do manual tanning, which company would you recommend? I have used St Tropez in the past in a salon environment. I am mobile now and am thinking of taking manual tanning on rather than spray tan. Thanks x

I currently use St Tropez, but am in the process of using it up and selling it off so I can go over it Kissed By Mi (Gerrard International). My Jessica rep demonstrated the range and it looks fab!!

Latest posts

Back