Marketing advice for mobile tech - natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash

Reaction score
Hi -

I just wanted to know if anyone else is marketing solely natural nail care on a mobile basis - and how it's been.

I started doing this last Christmas, after doing the Creative Foundation and then CreativeSpa course - and preferring natural nails, do three kinds of manicure (Standard, Solar and Spa) and two kinds of pedicure (Classic and Spa). I leaflet my area (North West London) regularly, have smart, colour leaflets with good images etc, am very presentable and offer competitive rates compared with the local salon, but I just cannot seem to establish a client base. In the last six months, I've actually made only £300.

I offer incentives (e.g. recommend a friend, receive 15% off your next appt) etc, birthday vouchers and mother's day specials, pamper parties, but to no avail. After a year, I am becoming increasingly despondent, as I really want to make this work, but am tempted to give up as after a year, I have achieved so little.

Any advice very welcome! And has anyone advertised in their local paper? Is it worth creating a website, bearing in mind the expense? Also, how is it for London techs? Any ideas very welcome!

Thanks everyone

Tash :cry:

i only do natural nail and pass on enhancmeents to another tech, i do ok with it and often ahve to go to london to do clients But i charge them extra for petrol if i ahve to go a long way out. i ahve a websit and am part of the cuticles franchise.

i only use fibreglass and L&P as a natural nail repair,eg custom blend a tip whe theya re broken off and sculpt back in.

didn't ind that advertising in the lcoal paper that good but do advertise through the net in local business sites and through word of mouth, had to give a lot of freebies away in the begining but startign to pay its own way now.

Latest posts

Back