Marketing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Any ideas on how to market your business - I know it's really quiet everywhere at the minute but I don't want to devalue what we do by offering really cheap prices.

A lady has just opened up in her house offering REALLY cheap treatments and in my mind is really devaluing our business.

She's not in direct competition with me except waxing - I'm mainly massage with some beauty she's mainly beauty with no massage.

What are you doing to get clients at the minute?

Hi francesXXX,

There's lots of ways to advertise your business, many of them without lots of cost involved too. Here's a few to get you started:

- Inform your local paper that you're running a pre-valentines offer, perhaps offer the editor a discount/free treatment to help entice them to feature you.

- Leaflet drop your local area, focussing on pre-booking, ie if a client pre-books 5 treatments they get a small discount for their loyalty.

- On the topic of loyalty, offer loyalty cards, for every 10 treatments the customer gets a free treatment for example. This will keep them coming back for more.

- Approach local retail/highstreet businesses and ask if you can leave some cards in their shop.

- Try going to offices and speaking with the HR manager about setting up a group discount for their staff, or letting you advertise your services on their staff notice board.

- Offer a referral scheme, when you're with your client, see if they can recommend you to any of their friends and in return they get a discount for each customer they refer to you.

- If you haven't already, get some advertising made up for your car, you can get magnetic signs that are removable for when you don't want them on the car.

- Approach local hotels to see if they offer any treatments, if not see if you can get them to refer business to you or let you be featured in the local 'what to do' guides most of them have in their rooms.

- Start a Facebook group, invite all your friends to join and get them to invite their friends. Personal recommendation is often the most cost-effective route to securing new business.

Hopefully that's enough to get you started for now! If you would like more ideas please just let me know.

Thanks,

Al

Thanks Al and Calla for all the tips.

Went leafleting today for 41/2 hrs, God I'm tired, posted 1500 and still have 2 large areas to go with another 1000.

Going to approach the local hotel and Golf club next week

I was thinking of loyalty cards and wondering how to make them work - I think I'll use the 10 free treatments - nice one :)

I also like the facebook idea - will set up a group this evening.

I'll also approach all the local free papers to see if they will run something for me if I give them a freebie.

A lady who does Reiki called me this evening to see if she could use my space when I'm not in it - I think it'd be a good idea - we'd compliment each other.

I'll take all you said on board and get moving with them.

Latest posts

Back