Martha Stewart micro beads help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinc25

Reaction score
Hello all nail geeks hope your all well,

I have just starting doing rockstar nails with my gelish which i am loving and now just discovered Martha Stewart Glitter... :)

I have found martha stewart micro beads and wondering if any one has used these on nails before?? and if the come out like the cavier nails do? i would be using gelish with the beads anyone got any tips before i go buying them!

You help is much appreciated as always thank you xxx

I saw a utube video where they stamped then did a line of micro beads loved it so I ordered some but haven't used them yet x

hey cabby!

thank you for your reply, so sorry what do you mean by stamped? x

I think the poster above is referring to konad stamping, then adding the beads for decoration.

In response to your query, i have some of the Martha Stewart beads, and yes, you can use them to create the caviar mani effect xx

Last edited:
Thank you so much just ordered some!! :) x

I'm struggling to get the caviar beads to stay on!! Any tips? I set mine into Gelish x

I'm struggling to get the caviar beads to stay on!! Any tips? I set mine into Gelish x

Why don't you let us know what you are doing at the moment, then we can suggest alternatives xx

We were told to embed them into structure gel on our gelish nail art course.

Hi geeks caviar nails look stunning if you do them in gelish structure gel would you use top it off on just the free edge to seal ?

Structure gel with beads, cure - then top it off and cure

Why don't you let us know what you are doing at the moment, then we can suggest alternatives xx

Yes hun. I did foundation layer, colour, beads, cure & top it off. I don't think the colour coat is thick enough to set the beads in as when I applied my top coat they were still sliding about. I will defiantly try this with structure gel. Iv got a Gelish design course booked in July. Do they cover the beads then?
X

These are what I did. I thought they looked great but most simply came off after 1 hour. These are my own & I didnt use top coat over.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1336376503.981173.jpg

I also tried black on a display nail & as soon as I put top coat over it just looked a complete mess!!!

Hi there

Did some of these the other night. Embedded them in structure gel pressed down with gel brush, cured then covered with top it off and it worked great. Hope this helps!

Sorry meant to say that on the course we were taught to embed glitters, rhinestones etc in structure gel cure and then top it off. Lots of other lovely designs as well. Sorry I had not read your question properly. You will love the course - I was so excited at the different things you can do with Gelish - I love it!!!!

It was a video where they did Konrad stamping do a search on here you will find loads some fab ones by picchi. Then they added the little micro beads after. I am so sorry I don't know how to add a link to it. I am rubbish at that sort of thing lol xx

I tried them on shellac looked fantastic but I tried to top coat and ruined it. I think the layer of gel sounds like a good idea xxx

Latest posts

Back