Massage during pregnancy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca@PolishedToPerfection

Reaction score
Hi, i offer a hand and arm and foot and leg massage in my luxury mani/pedis and got my sister coming for both of them on friday. She's about 14 weeks pregnant is it safe to do a massage? Just been reading about lower leg massages can bring labour on! x

Just spoke to my training provider and she said to avoid it alltogether throughout the whole pregnancy!! Is this right? I thought there we're specific massages for pregnant women? I'm confused now lol :/ x

If lower leg massage could bring on labour, you would have overdue pregnant women queuing round the block. Hand and arm is absolutely fine, I would maybe avoid the feet, or if you do massage the feet avoid the whole ankle area completely as this is the reproductive system in reflexology. Just be gentle over the feet

Btw, I'm reflexology, pregnancy massage and maternity reflexology trained :)

If lower leg massage could bring on labour, you would have overdue pregnant women queuing round the block. Hand and arm is absolutely fine, I would maybe avoid the feet, or if you do massage the feet avoid the whole ankle area completely as this is the reproductive system in reflexology. Just be gentle over the feet

Ok thank you! I'd love to do the massage as I can imagine how relaxing it would be during pregnancy wish i had one when i was pregnant! I'll just be gentle :) x

can you recommended a good maternity reflexology trainer in Scotland ??
Btw, I'm reflexology, pregnancy massage and maternity reflexology trained :)

Latest posts

Back