Massage in Schools

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fozzyo

Reaction score
I'm listening to a debate on Radio 2 at the moment about massage in schools and teaching kids to massage each other. It sounds it's amazing!

Some callers saying that it is in effective sexualising it! Im ready to throw my radio across the room with such narrow minded views!

So do you think teaching kids very simple massage classes - head, shoulders etc and most importantly the power of positive touch?

More details here: Childways :: Massage in schools programme | Massage in schools instructor | MISP

Very narow minded indead. I think it is a good thing, most people have no clue the different massage methods and that you don't have to be naked to recieve theraputic massage. It could also provide a spark in some kids as a career choice too. x

I'm listening to a debate on Radio 2 at the moment about massage in schools and teaching kids to massage each other. It sounds it's amazing!

Some callers saying that it is in effective sexualising it! Im ready to throw my radio across the room with such narrow minded views!

So do you think teaching kids very simple massage classes - head, shoulders etc and most importantly the power of positive touch?

More details here: Childways :: Massage in schools programme | Massage in schools instructor | MISP

Some people can relate anything back to sex. The ones who make the biggest song and dance are usually the ones with the dirtiest minds because it wouldn't cross anyone else's mind to think the same :rolleyes:

Considering the health benefits - especially kids going through growth spurts, stress relief especially during exams a head and shoulder massage would be awesome, physical touch especially for those kids who come from families where they are abused, not told they're loved or given affection from their parents would do these kids wonders.

Me and my friends would actually give each other head and shoulder massages in the common room during breaks because it helped us relax...

Teaching kids about massage and the power of touch at a young age - amazing!!!

this first came out around 1999-2000, they did studies in Sweden and found bullying was greatly reduced if they did massage in classes but coupled the known bully with the victim.

I've been invited into a few nurseries to do group massage and the kiddies love it. Sit them in a circle but facing each other's back then tell them a story with movements and get them to follow.

I don't see that it would do any harm as long as it is carried out/presented well.

We massage children of all ages as LMT's stateside, it is the norm really and nothing sexualized about it.

I had a gorgeous little girl in last week who had had a brain tumour and has scalp massage regularly as it helps her and she blossoms afterwards. I also do her sister as she has been though it with her little sister and the massage helps her to de-stress too.

I think it's a great idea. I heard some of the debate on radio 2 and oh my gosh that caller who said she had been in the sex industry for 18 years and it would give all the kids fetishes!!!:evil:

I'm sure when I did my IHM qualification there was some information on how in other countries the children are taught at home to massage and the whole family takes turns to massage each other, with he kids massaging the adults.

When I do something as simple as rubbing my 5 yr old nephews back it calms him right down and he loves it.

If I liked kids and wasn't currently building other aspects of my business I would so train with Childways!

I believe the 'sexualisation' is the concept some people have about massage which is why we get THOSE phone calls and texts.

It really I rather sad...

Latest posts

Back