Massage medium for client with nut allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkiseed

Reaction score
well in my 9 years i've never actually come across this yet. i have a client booked in this week who has a nut allergy for a full body massage. Apart from using a massage cream are they any other carrier oils i could use. i dont like masaging with cream

Hi, yes absolutely, I use a plain massage oil from Aston and fincher, or you could use jasmine oil? I got a massive bottle of the plain massage oil has lasted years, was only a few pounds I'm sure. If I get pre blended it's normally almond oil based! Without doubt if I take this oil they have a nut allergy! So always carry the plain oil too. As I'm mobile. Hth. :)

thank you been racking my brains, i'll check my local suppliers :)

Grapeseed is a good all purpose oil.

is grape seed not classed as nut???:confused:

I personally wouldnt use grapeseed on someone witha nut allergy, my little sister is very allergic to cashew nuts but her allergy testing revealed she is also allergic to seeds aswel ie grape seeds, sesame seeds etc so u have to be really careful. I have jasmine oil for anyone with a nut allergy also avocado oil is good for older mature skin

is grape seed not classed as nut???

It's extracted from the seeds of grapes! so no it is not classed as nut

It's a commonly used base oil in massage and aromatherapy so you should find it easily available.

The 'plain massage oil' from Aston and Fincher may be fine, but you still need to know what it contains as plain massage oil means nothing.
You need to use a vegetable based oil and there are others - coconut, jojoba, evening primrose and safflower are all vegetable based, however, grapeseed, being a popular massage oil anyway, will be easier to source.

but her allergy testing revealed she is also allergic to seeds aswel ie grape seeds

I would agree with this - some people who are allergic to one thing are often allergic to a whole load of other things and this is not uncommon, but this is where it is important to go though the clients medical history although I have used it with clients with nut allergy without problems.

Avocado is good, but a little heavy for my liking.

It's extracted from the seeds of grapes! so no it is not classed as nut

It's a commonly used base oil in massage and aromatherapy so you should find it easily available.

The 'plain massage oil' from Aston and Fincher may be fine, but you still need to know what it contains as plain massage oil means nothing.
You need to use a vegetable based oil and there are others - coconut, jojoba, evening primrose and safflower are all vegetable based, however, grapeseed, being a popular massage oil anyway, will be easier to source.

I recommended the plain massage oil as this is exactly what it is a mineral oil with nothing in it. Not a nut oil! Which is exactly why I suggested it and use it myself!!!:Look_righ

i would use grape seed..
i bought a plain massage oil lately which had a few drops of grapeseed in.So just check the ingredients before you buy :p

grapeseed is a brilliant all rounder oil. It works wonders on nappy rash, spots, grazes and some skin rashes. As well as an excellent moisturizer

thanks everyone for your help
my client is in today, i purchased a grapeseed oil and a massage cream as back up
will go through cons card first and check about seed allergy as well as nut

thanks all :Love:

If in doubt you could also just use baby oil, about the plainest thing you can get!

client was fine towards seeds
i used grapeseed oil
and used my massage cream for facial massage.

been a good learning curve

ohh I have a nut allergy and I personally have always been fine with almond based massage oils.
x

Latest posts

Back