Massaging someone with a fibulator???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondgirl

Reaction score
Hey Guys n Girls Please can you advise me...

I have a regular client who has asked if I can now massage her mother... Her mother suffers from poor circulation and also has a fibulator pacemaker.... Now I know that massage can be good for poor circulation but can I massage someone with a fibulator???? I cant seem to find any advise at all :irked:...

Her mother currently has massage by a lady who massages her for an hour on a monday and two hours on a friday...because she says that she tends not to feel the massage for about an hour and a half because of the poor circulation.....

Anyways I asked if the poential client could get me a GP letter to state that it would be ok to massage her and the women was really insulted that I had asked...She said that her current lady had never asked her for a letter...I said that it would be of benefit to her as I wouldnt want to cause her any harm , but she wasnt having any of it...She even got annoyed with me when I asked her daugher to complete a waxing consultation form!!!!

I know most people would probably cut there loses and not do it but its a regular weekly income, which I cant afford to lose but at the same time...I just need to have my mind put to rest that its ok to do...

Also the lady who currently massages her uses arnika and almond oil...If it is ok to massage her do you think I should use the oils that she already uses or would you use something like rosemary thats good for poor circulation??......

She also uses a heat mat for massage.... does anyone know of anywhere that sells these please??

Please salon geeks give me your expert advise....
Thanks loads in advance xx

Your right to ask for a gp note, it really isn't worth the risk, they would be quick enough to complain if there's a problem and you hadn't asked for a GP note.
So many people don't do record cards and GP notes, so when you do ask they do get offended. You should just say that it's something you have to do for your insurance, that normally keeps them quiet. lol
There is always someone or a salon that take the risk and personally it's not worth it.
Always stand your ground. Maybe it's worth you sending a referral note to her doctor with her permission, sometimes I think clients don't know what to say.

Hey Guys n Girls Please can you advise me...

I have a regular client who has asked if I can now massage her mother... Her mother suffers from poor circulation and also has a fibulator pacemaker.... Now I know that massage can be good for poor circulation but can I massage someone with a fibulator???? I cant seem to find any advise at all :irked:...

Her mother currently has massage by a lady who massages her for an hour on a monday and two hours on a friday...because she says that she tends not to feel the massage for about an hour and a half because of the poor circulation.....

Anyways I asked if the poential client could get me a GP letter to state that it would be ok to massage her and the women was really insulted that I had asked...She said that her current lady had never asked her for a letter...I said that it would be of benefit to her as I wouldnt want to cause her any harm , but she wasnt having any of it...She even got annoyed with me when I asked her daugher to complete a waxing consultation form!!!!

I know most people would probably cut there loses and not do it but its a regular weekly income, which I cant afford to lose but at the same time...I just need to have my mind put to rest that its ok to do...

Also the lady who currently massages her uses arnika and almond oil...If it is ok to massage her do you think I should use the oils that she already uses or would you use something like rosemary thats good for poor circulation??......

She also uses a heat mat for massage.... does anyone know of anywhere that sells these please??

Please salon geeks give me your expert advise....
Thanks loads in advance xx

What if she falls ill? lets just say nothing related but right after you left her?

Without doubt you always should get a Dr note and check with your insurance.

Su x

Hi Diamondgirl,

Firstly you need to fill in your personal profile, coz at the moment we can't see if your qualified to massage!

Assuming that you are...

1. Insist on a doctors letter.
  2. When you get it, phone the doctors surgery and make sure the letter's genuine (I've had fake ones in the past:eek:)
  3. If the letter seems ok, then phone your insurance company , explain everything and see what they say (or better still, email them, print and keep their reply).
FWIW, personally, wouldn't do it.

jes

Thankyou so much for all of your replies...I thought as much and yes I am qualified to do massage I have an NVQ 3....but Im not qualified on computers and never know what Im doing hence why I probably havent filled out things I need to on here lo sorry
Thanks again will phone her now :)
x

Latest posts

Back