Massive irritation!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny really my chap is an Engineer and he fixes and maintains 25 Billlion pound Tournados and he gets called a techie by his fellow Officiers etc and he doesn't find it an insult or a put down - so he told me last night after talking about this thread, and just thought it was interesting how everyones different..

LOL nailsinlondon1!!!!

When my daughter was about 5 I was training as a 'Beauty Therapist'...a friends mum asked me what my job was and my gorgeous blue eyed daughter said in the sweetest, proudest little voice 'oh my mummy is a 'Beautiful Pissed' ...now that has to be a classic and I still get teased about it today LOL

i have lmao at some of the replies to this post, techie is horrible ,it really does make you think of star trek (sorry keep hearing that song in my head now :biggrin: ) but i do agree, my hubby is an engineer and he got called a filter jockey, and a fitter, he hates it seeing as he went to college for 4 years, but luckely i have never been called a teckie .

TracyUK said:
When my daughter was about 5 I was training as a 'Beauty Therapist'...a friends mum asked me what my job was and my gorgeous blue eyed daughter said in the sweetest, proudest little voice 'oh my mummy is a 'Beautiful Pissed' ...now that has to be a classic and I still get teased about it today LOL
sitting at work giggling away to that, arent kids just the best!!!! techie isnt my favourite word to categorise our profession but i can understand it slightly amongst us as we all know what we are, but would hate it for a client to call me a techie or be referred to that way x

I used to have a client who was a regular but when she called she used to always say "is that the nail lady" as if I didn't have a name LOL.

When my kids were younger I used to paint their nails and Andy (hubby) would take them to Tescos and they would flash their nails and if anyone asked about them they would say their mummy did them because she was a nail extension LOL.

Just to put my tuppence in.
I`ve always seen myself as a professional therapist.
Now I think of myself although still a professional.....I`m a trully geeky nail anorak, and as long as my clients see me as approachable and friendly as well as professional then they can call me what they like, but as like Ruth says, not before 8 in the morning if they don`t want me to forget I am a professional, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back