Matrix Blondes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbeymwxx

Reaction score
I used some level 10 matrix blondes a few times now, the 10A and 10P also used 11A and 11N, i have used these for highlights on level 7 and 8 natural bases with 30 vol and I only ever seen to get a ginger colour! Starting to get frustrated now but I have invested a lot in matrix so don't really want to change. I thought 30vol on a level 8 using 10 or 11 A would come out true to swatch? Not ginger. Has anyone else had this problem with matrix? I can only seem to get a nice blonde with bleach and tone or the intense ash highlift but would really like to achieve some of the lovely tones in the book. One client in particular is level 8/9 with a natural ash looking base so I was really surprised when 11A came out really warm. She said she has never had any warmth in her hair naturally.
Any advice appreciated :)

Naturally ashy hair lifts warmer than naturally flat hair. Its all down to the melanin.

Naturally ashy hair lifts warmer than naturally flat hair. Its all down to the melanin.

Oh ok that's interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks

Oh ok that's interesting, I didn't know that! Thanks

When someones hair is naturally ashy, it means the pheomelanin is very masked by the eumelanin; when lifting it takes longer to dissolve initial eumelanin to get to the undertone, in turn this will effect the end result due to the fact it takes longer at first. They will most of the time he warmer because it takes longer, only with tint though. Sometimes the undertone can be very warm but masked well by eumelanin so you don't know what you're getting until you start lifting.

@cams97 how do you know all this? X

Last edited:
@cams97 is our very own hair encyclopedia, we're lucky to have him lol, look after him and use him wisely :)

@cams97 is our very own hair encyclopedia, we're lucky to have him lol, look after him and use him wisely :)

I know. But I want people to be in awe of my knowledge like I am very often of Cams!

But shh. Don't tell him. We all know it'll go to his head! [emoji13]

Stop it[emoji31]

Latest posts

Back