Matrix - just want to check my theory is sound

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spikeyfaerie

Reaction score
My client is a warm base 2 wanting to go gradually lighter. Last appointment we treated it as a trial (she's a friend and I talked her through the "you'll never be platinum blonde") to see what we could get her hair up to. I did a full head of L'Oreal Platinium Pink with 6% and that lifted to the level she was after.

This appointment I'm going to be doing a more back-to-back foiling across the top and breaking it up a bit every few foils with an in-between shade as the 7 is so much lighter than her natural shade.

So with the Platinium it lifts to about a warm 7 so was thinking of the in-between being around a 5. I like the look of 5W but am I right in thinking that since I'm lifting up to a 5, undercoat red/orange, I should use a 5N & 9% to neutralise some of the underlying warmth to get a flatter 5 rather than increasing the warmth as there will be plenty of warmth from the natural 2 and the lightened 7?

A touch out of practice just now with being pregnant and not doing a lot of clients (mobile). Just thinking through my steps of natural shade, target shade, levels of lift and underlying pigment. Any help/suggestions appreciated but has to be Matrix. Cheers :)

My client is a warm base 2 wanting to go gradually lighter. Last appointment we treated it as a trial (she's a friend and I talked her through the "you'll never be platinum blonde") to see what we could get her hair up to. I did a full head of L'Oreal Platinium Pink with 6% and that lifted to the level she was after.

This appointment I'm going to be doing a more back-to-back foiling across the top and breaking it up a bit every few foils with an in-between shade as the 7 is so much lighter than her natural shade.

So with the Platinium it lifts to about a warm 7 so was thinking of the in-between being around a 5. I like the look of 5W but am I right in thinking that since I'm lifting up to a 5, undercoat red/orange, I should use a 5N & 9% to neutralise some of the underlying warmth to get a flatter 5 rather than increasing the warmth as there will be plenty of warmth from the natural 2 and the lightened 7?

A touch out of practice just now with being pregnant and not doing a lot of clients (mobile). Just thinking through my steps of natural shade, target shade, levels of lift and underlying pigment. Any help/suggestions appreciated but has to be Matrix. Cheers :)

Inbetween her foils you'll need to use 5nw with 3%.

Ae you toning her foils at all?

Inbetween her foils you'll need to use 5nw with 3%.

Ae you toning her foils at all?

Cheers for that. No toning with the bleach, they lifted very nicely just on their own.

Yes you will need 9% to lift from a base 2. I would use 5n x

Sent from my DISTAB9000R using SalonGeek

Yes you will need 9% to lift from a base 2. I would use 5n x

Sent from my DISTAB9000R using SalonGeek

She's covering a prelightened 7 ;)

" am I right in thinking that since I'm lifting up to a 5"

She's lifting!

I was lifting a 2 to a 5, used 9%. The original highlights weren't very close together so was using the 5 to break up while adding in more bleached foils. I used 5n with a tiny bit of 5w mixed in. Waiting on it developing just now.

Very pleased...even contemplating using the 5n+5w on myself :) Pics...when I work out how.

Good, glad it turned out well! X

Really hope this works!

The first pic is from the first appointment. Then the second pic is yesterday's colouring.

Su 1.jpg

Su 2a.jpg

Latest posts

Back