Matte gel top coat set like jelly in the bottle

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi010

Reaction score
Just been to a client who chose a particular colour to go with a matt top coat. Came to top coat and it had set like what I can only describe as jelly in the bottle.

It's the first time I've ventured into matt nails and so have only used it on my colour wheels.

Has anyone else come across this or can recommend a tried and tested one?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472815715.010025.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1472815730.250873.jpg

This ones amazing

Just been to a client who chose a particular colour to go with a matt top coat. Came to top coat and it had set like what I can only describe as jelly in the bottle.

It's the first time I've ventured into matt nails and so have only used it on my colour wheels.

Has anyone else come across this or can recommend a tried and tested one?
Hi how brand was it?

Hi how brand was it?

It's a gelish one. Opened it a few weeks ago to do some colour wheel samples and haven't used it since. First client who wanted matte today and the bottle was full of jelly! obviously couldn't use it. Is there anyway of saving it?

Was more wondering if this is a common problem with matte top coats as have never used one before.

Get a stir stick and stir like there's no tomorrow. Matte pigments tend to settle to the bottom of gel polish top coats. My gel ll one goes like a white cloudy jelly at the bottom and it's quite thick to try and stir but once you get it going it's fine and works perfectly over the top of gel polish. Xx

Get a stir stick and stir like there's no tomorrow. Matte pigments tend to settle to the bottom of gel polish top coats. My gel ll one goes like a white cloudy jelly at the bottom and it's quite thick to try and stir but once you get it going it's fine and works perfectly over the top of gel polish. Xx

Thanks, have given it a try but to no avail. It's not like it's seperated more that it's set into one clotted, jellyfied mass.

Thanks, have given it a try but to no avail. It's not like it's seperated more that it's set into one clotted, jellyfied mass.
Yeah that's what mine looks like. It takes a while to get it how it should be but should mix and work as a matte top coat again.

Yeah that's what mine looks like. It takes a while to get it how it should be but should mix and work as a matte top coat again.
Would a polish shaker do the trick?

I would bin it personally may cause service breakdown if used

I would bin it personally may cause service breakdown if used

I have done, stirring wasn't doing anything, the brush is all gunky. I would have tried it on my own nails first to check but wouldn't have the confidence in it for it not to set again.

Such a shame could it have cured or hit sunlight?

Such a shame could it have cured or hit sunlight?

I don't see how it could. I only used it to top coat a few sample nails on a nail wheel, then back in my box until I came to use it yesterday. Was a new client aswell, then had to adjust the colour as she said she'd only chosen it to go with the matte top coat as otherwise it was too bright for her.

Take it back and ask for a refund. If you've tried stirring it like mad with a metal stirrer and then shaking for a good 60 seconds there's probably no saving it. Shouldn't happen and you shouldn't have to front the cost. X

Yea where's it from? Email them

I'm trying to work out where I got it from. Note to us all, keep your receipts in order and keep your books up to date, saves a lot of time!! I thought it was salon services.

Just go to nail harmony

It sounds like it has been partially cured , Sunlight has already been ruled out, but did you leave the bottle somewhere it could have been hot. Like the boot of a car for instance , excessive heat can cause a partial cure too :)

Latest posts

Back