Mature junior about to give up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks persianista, what you say certainly makes sense, I hadn't thought of it like that.

I do feel though that the life experience and common sense may go some way towards making up for lack of experience but i suppose from a business point of view it makes more financial sense to employ younger newly qualifieds.

I kind of agree, but the economics of it simply mean the salon will make a loss for a period of time.
Also, many salon owner's find that older staff have higher expectations, require more time off for family issues and find it harder to start at the bottom.
One bad experience will colour a salon owners viewpoint.
I have given a chance to an older trainee before, and it turned into a nightmare for me. I would never do it again.

hi hunny the sassoon abc one is fab , then theres the tigi ones too , also pivot point ones are great they are american, i will try send you some links xx

Are we having two conversations here?:rolleyes:

hi hunny the sassoon abc one is fab , then theres the tigi ones too , also pivot point ones are great they are american, i will try send you some links xx

Thanks Dee x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

dont worry lauren its ok i will pm you the info x

Are we having two conversations here?:rolleyes:

actually no i dont think so as i was answering further on my original answer .. so i see it as being relevant , thanks

Try sending letters to salons explaining that you are a not confident to go on your own and would like help with this. offer to go in 1-2 days a week for free to work under their stylists this may lead to job offers also do your level 3 most salons the best ones anyway will not hire anyone without level 3 qualification, my friend did this as she was mature and now works in dubai for toni and guy all from going in on a saturday and working under their stylists not as a junior though. dont give up hope were theirs a will theirs a way hun i myself was mature student with 2 kids and now am self employed and doing nicely.

Latest posts

Back