ME in children

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience treating children with ME? By treating I mean easing their symptoms with massage etc?

Thanks geeks,

Becki xxx

ME (Myalgic encephalomyelitis) is also known as chronic fatigue syndrome
the Characteristic symptoms include muscle pain with physical and mental exhaustion following normal activities quite different from what is normally experienced by healthy people. ME occurs when the body's nervous system is put under stress, causing the lymphatic system, which it controls, to work less efficiently. The stress may be caused by a physical problem, such as back strain or trauma or by environmental factors such as pollution or by an emotional upset such as a bereavement or in most cases children suffering ME has been reported due to school factors such as exams,gcse revisions or bullying. with referral from the GP ask if you can perform an indian head massage(if you are qualified in this) it does help the head,shoulders & arms..i have done & helped one girl with indian head massage she was a case study she is 14 and enjoyed it & kept coming back for some more once per week because she was having problems concentrating at school and sleeping permission from GP & parents was asked first.although kids are fidgety peeps depends on the age of your girl she\he may like to be relaxed. imo i don't see the harm in a full body for young ones ..i used to massage my little lad when he was a baby .. now they encourage baby massages & are quite popular . but best to check with GP first. however it does make one feel better after a massage.whether aroma or just using an oil or cream.

Indian Head Massage has been adapted from Ayurvedic techniques to ease tension and strain in the shoulders, neck, scalp and face. It is a highly effective technique for the treatment of stress and stress related conditions. Since it can be carried out anywhere and is relatively quick to perform it is becoming a popular therapy i asked my own GP recently why her surgery is always so full and she told me that 80% of cases are stress related ..the benefits of Indian Head Massage are

1. Improved circulation and lymphatic drainage to the head, neck, scalp, face and shoulder area
2. A deep sense of relaxation and a feeling of total well-being
3. Relief from headaches and migraine
4. Relaxation of the muscles of the head, neck and shoulder area
5. Stimulation of hair growth
6. Improvement in concentration and memory good for children
7. Relief from anxiety and insomnia
8. Alleviation of eyestrain
9. Healthy skin
10. Confidence and improved self-esteem

Indian Head Massage can be performed without the need to undress and performed sitting up on a chair ..hth

Last edited:
thank you for advice! her mum is more than willing for me to help and their GP has said a massage will help! I am trained in indian head, but its more her legs and arms.

Becki xxx

no probs bexi a full body massage will benefit her more than just on one area.

Latest posts

Back