Medication and acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browns

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who has acrylics. She has been on a morphine patch for a while, and she has premature lifting and then pulls them off, would the morphine contribute to the lifting? I know the more she picks the weaker her nail plate will become but I'm at my wits end as all my other clients don't have an i
ssue.

We've always been taught that no medication causes lifting but in real life us technicians see it repeatedly, however, is it actually the medication or the situation that causes the need for the meds??? This has been my thought process for many years.

Take antidepressants foe instance p, if someone is in such a state of poor mental health then they are unlikely to be able to take really good care of their extensions, let's face it, on bad days it can be all someone can do to get in the shower, or make food to nourish themselves, let alone tend to nails. It's just not high on their priority list.

Those on heavy duty painkillers are clearly in chronic and extreme pain, it's highly likely they have coping strategies, conscious and unconscious, biting, picking, chewing, etc. are all common.

Those using ointment and creams for conditions such as psoriasis, etc are prone to lifting as these topical lotions often contain lanolin, etc . which can cause lifting, and these conditions often go hand in hand which others such as fybromyalga, CFS, etc.

We've always been taught that no medication causes lifting but in real life us technicians see it repeatedly, however, is it actually the medication or the situation that causes the need for the meds??? This has been my thought process for many years.

Take antidepressants foe instance p, if someone is in such a state of poor mental health then they are unlikely to be able to take really good care of their extensions, let's face it, on bad days it can be all someone can do to get in the shower, or make food to nourish themselves, let alone tend to nails. It's just not high on their priority list.

Those on heavy duty painkillers are clearly in chronic and extreme pain, it's highly likely they have coping strategies, conscious and unconscious, biting, picking, chewing, etc. are all common.

Those using ointment and creams for conditions such as psoriasis, etc are prone to lifting as these topical lotions often contain lanolin, etc . which can cause lifting, and these conditions often go hand in hand which others such as fybromyalga, CFS, etc.
Hi this is really helpful, and yes she is in chronic pain. I'm just at my wits end with re doing her extensions. I want to advise her to have a rest but she has refused every time

My suggestion would be to get her in for maintenance sooner, if she's getting lifting after 10 days then get her in for 10 day appointments, then she'll have nothing to pick at.

Double check your prep routine for her too, maybe do cuticle work twice, dehydrate and apply 2 nails at a time. Reasses length and shape, are they too long to start with, and actually she'll have less problems if they are shorter. Not everyone can have the length of nails they want in reality.

Latest posts

Back