Meeting with Editors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess fifi

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Very excited,nervous, I have been asked to meet with beauty editors from a wide variety of mags, and do mini hand treatments on them.

Great for my business because I have just started, has anyone done this b4? Any good ideas/strategies I can use while I am there to promote my business?
I want to grab every opportunity I can at the moment.

would Love to hear any advice, stories you might have!!!!:):Scared:

Good for you for securing this, sounds great. I haven't experience of doing this myself but I have worked on magazines and in PR.

Maybe think ahead like an editor does, eg in summer they are probably working on winter ideas and vice versa. Some mags have forward features lists detailing what will be going in each mag so you could really tailor your treatments to that issue. Could you ask them for a copy?

Mags also seem to like lots of hints and tips that the readers can try themselves, maybe think about those, perhaps put a press release together listing 'top ten summer hand care tips' or 'everything you need for great party nails' etc and leave it with them, of course with your contact details on! If this is sitting on their desks and they can pick and choose info from it, chances are you'll get a mention.

Anything related to celebs is good ... how to get Kylie's nails or whatever!

Also, if you can provide them with photography that's even better although of course you need to have the rights to the pics.

Good luck. I would maybe PM PR guru Samantha Sweet for her advice.
HTH! x

Well done, brilliant news :)

My friend also gave treatments out to editors & writers of national mags/newspapers and always made sure her web address was on material and articles - generated new clients and helped her credibility.

HTH's Louise

Thanks heaps for your encouragement and support.
Love the ideas, they are great!:)

Latest posts

Back