Melting Temp of Parafin Wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen

Reaction score
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me at what temperature parafin wax should melt?

Also do all brands of parafin wax melt at the same temperature?

I've brought myself a new parafin wax heater with 6 different temperature settings and some unperfumed parafin wax beads. The problem is the wax is melting at a pretty high temperature and when I put my hand in it feels veryuncomfortable - not a pleasant sentation at all. :eek: :o :sad: If I turn the setting down then the wax isn't melting properly.

The wax is melting to a thin clear liquid. I'm sure when I've had a parafin wax treatment in the past the wax has been more white in colour and of a creamy consistancy rather than runny.

The wax I'm using is from by Professional Beauty from Beauty Express. Does any one else use this wax? Can anyone tell me if I'm using it correctly or recommend another brand?

I have had manicure training, but we never covered parafin wax in detail and I so want to be able to offer this service to my clients as I've always had lovely results when I've had the treatment myself.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I look forward to your comments,

Karen
(with 1 'r')
xxx

Karen said:
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me at what temperature parafin wax should melt?

Also do all brands of parafin wax melt at the same temperature?

I've brought myself a new parafin wax heater with 6 different temperature settings and some unperfumed parafin wax beads. The problem is the wax is melting at a pretty high temperature and when I put my hand in it feels veryuncomfortable - not a pleasant sentation at all. :eek: :o :sad: If I turn the setting down then the wax isn't melting properly.

The wax is melting to a thin clear liquid. I'm sure when I've had a parafin wax treatment in the past the wax has been more white in colour and of a creamy consistancy rather than runny.

The wax I'm using is from by Professional Beauty from Beauty Express. Does any one else use this wax? Can anyone tell me if I'm using it correctly or recommend another brand?

I have had manicure training, but we never covered parafin wax in detail and I so want to be able to offer this service to my clients as I've always had lovely results when I've had the treatment myself.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I look forward to your comments,

Karen
(with 1 'r')
xxx
Hi Karen

Just to let you know, my parafin melts clear as well.......it may be that some waxes are just of a more creamier consistancy.

As for the melting temperature........I would melt it at a high temperature and then reduce the temp to just keeping it from setting again. This may take a bit of practice until you know what the optimum setting temp is, but once you know it you'll be well away.

As for putting your client's hand into the wax, always check out the temp yourself first. Also try to get your clients to inform you prior to an appointment if they want a parafin wax..........therefore you can get the temp just perfect before they arrive.

Hope this helps
Adele

Latest posts

Back