Membership

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
I know you guys will be able to answer this. How do you set up a membership and keep if flowing smoothly and is it worth it really?
Thank you all you lovely people.

Membership to what?

A monthly membership to your salon.

Oh! Sorry it completely went over my head 😅
I've not heard of a salon doing that before?

A monthly membership to your salon.

I did see someone on Instagram considering a set fee per month that allows unlimited visits.

I think it's a cool idea but can't see how it's beneficial to the salon? It's only worth it for the client, if it works out a good deal, which means less money for you. And also you have to be considerably available to fit them in multiple times in a month. What could they possibly need doing more than once every month?

No, it doesn't sound good to me. Unless of course, it was a salon that provided other beauty treatments. But even then it would always be discounted in the clients favour. I can only presume it was to ensure that they had a regular income.

I think I saw something like this for waxing, it was a kind of subscription type arrangement, you paid a certain amount a month and could book in as often as you wanted. I guess with waxing it would work as no point in waxing if no hair to remove, but I couldn't see it being effective for hair/nails/facials. I'd happily rock up to a salon everytime I had a spare hour or so for a facial/wash and blow/set of nails. I could easily spend all week in there at that rate 🤪 😜 🤣

That would be me too Trinity 🤣🤣 But unfortunately I think I would become addicted and end up on the television 🤣🤣

I think it's an amazing idea with nothing but benefits for the business. There's an awful lot of setup involved though and it would need to be exceptionally well devised to be a success.

The main advice I have is to offer tiered subscriptions based on time (rather than service type) and tier prices to ensure it's more expensive to visit when you're already busy. For example a subscription offering 4 hours of salon visits per month on the salons usual quiet days may cost £100 whilst the same 4 hours per month on a Saturday afternoon may cost £130.

The other thing to consider heavily when implementing this is if you should offer this as a subscription to an individual stylists time vs all stylists/therapists in the salons time. I only mention this as availability is a huge issue and it's a challenge to organise this model when working with a blend of "pay per visit" and "subscription" clients.

Final thing is to mention aftercare as another redemption against the membership (people can take use their subscription "credit" against homecare if they don't need every appointment hour that month.

All in all I really think that this is the way forwards for salons and once the implementation is in place the level of loyalty created along with the convenience this system offers to customers is incredible.

Latest posts

Back