Menopause/peri-menopause symptoms?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
Is anyone else in my age group (just turned 50) and getting symptoms?

I did a search but came up with nothing.
My only symptoms ATM are irregular periods (latest one 3.5 weeks long - Dr says nothing to worry about and offered pills to stop it if I'm fed up with it - anyone else had that? And memory like an absolute sieve.

How are you coping?

Too late to reply tonight but i will tomorrow, I'm 47 and peri-menopausal at very least. List of symptoms is horrendous, I read an article in the Daily Mail a few months back that made the penny drop as i had everyone of them. It was a bit of a relief to realise what it was. The worst one.....indigestion.....absolutely chronic....but then again I remember my Mum getting bottles of Gaviscon on prescription when she was going through thr change.

I'm 46 and somethings definitely going on! Shocking, absolutely appalling memory. If I don't write it in my diary it doesn't happen. Very irregular cycle. Hot flushes. To be honest I just wish it would hurry up and happen and be over lol

Snap! Very annoying getting weird mini periods that last for a couple of weeks when I wasn't getting any for ages.

This isn't the actual article i read, im still hunting for it but this is a version of it that helped me realise i wasnt nuts!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...ntinuing-ultimate-guide-surviving-change.html
Ive just quickly scanned the article and my problem is almost all of those things listed are also symptoms of an under active thyroid which I also have! So I can tick most of those boxes :(

Although I did giggle at a couple.......excess wind.......snoring o_O

Ive just quickly scanned the article and my problem is almost all of those things listed are also symptoms of an under active thyroid which I also have! So I can tick most of those boxes :(

Although I did giggle at a couple.......excess wind.......snoring o_O

Don't laugh at my excessive wind!! Its the only thing that propels me round Sainsburys when the exhaustion kicks in from the insomnia and itching all night LOL :p:confused:;):oops:

I'm 47 and have recently been wondering if that is what's going on. Great article and I can definitely tick a few of those boxes.

Lol Trinity!

So good to read replies from others. Does anyone get night sweats? I don't but am dreading this.

One of my clients has had s sweat every hour for 15 years[emoji15]

Lol Trinity!

So good to read replies from others. Does anyone get night sweats? I don't but am dreading this.

One of my clients has had s sweat every hour for 15 years[emoji15]

I did for a while, about a year I suppose, then I lost about a stone in weight and they cleared up. Whether it was co-incidence or not I don't know. Now I sweat when it's hot, like we've had in the last couple of months and it takes forever to cool down, but no 'hot flushes' as such. It's a bit like my internal temperature gauge is sticky and takes forever to cool back down, that said, thinking about it now...it takes ages to warm up too when I'm really cold.

Latest posts

Back