Mentor hairdressing training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emzil16

Reaction score
Has anyone done this, just wanted views as it cost £2250+vat as it seems the only option I have to train, I am a qualified beauty therapist renting a room within a hairdressing salon and would like to learn hairdressing, I am too ol to be an apprentice and can't go to college on a full time basis as I have a young family and have already spent time doin my svq at college so won't recieve funding to do another. So i found this program and the salon I work in are willing to let me train there although Boone has there assesors so this looks like my only option unless anyone here knows any others?
Any feedback or info greatly appreciated

most colleges do night classes hun and i think it would be a lot cheaper too , also then you could be in salon learnign the ropes .. not an official apprentice as such more like a junior x

Hi,
At my local college you can be an apprentice at any age, this is a new thing just last year, you get £2.50 hr, but only have to work 16hrs including college day so you can do your beauty work as well, try phoning your local college for advice
Xxx

I have rang my college an they will only take on apprentice age 16-19, I would gladly work for nothing if I was getting training, and I looked for evein courses and no local colleges offer any evening besides gents cutting , which college is offering apprenticeships at any age, I'm in Edinburgh so when I was lookin I think the rules are different

Hi I can't really offer you any help or advice but hoping maybe you could give me some?!
I'm a trained beauty therapist and work mobile atm although hoping to rent a room one day soon. However my hairdressers are advertising for an apprentice and I'm really quite interested as I would love to be able to do both hair and beauty!
My question is, how are you planning to combine the two once you're qualified in hair? Will you continue renting your room for beauty then rent a room for hair? Or be employed as a hairdresser and still rent a room? Or do you know if it's possible to be employed as both a hairdresser and beauty therapist in the same salon?
If you know hope you can help :) xxx

Latest posts

Back