Messed up with Koleston 55/75

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
I’ve just messed up !!
I decided to colour my own hair tonight....love 55/65.
I’m around a 5 with 50% white at the front, I popped on 55/65 with 6% without noticing the p5 !!!
I developed and went over with 55/65 colourtouch because I don’t have much luck with koleston on my mid lengths and ends.
I have ended up with root glow and darker ends !!
I have a box of odds and ends of colours I could use.....any suggestions ??
Hair is in food cons with a lovely shine

Attachments

• CEF19A98-96CB-4E89-A88D-D3DF7EEDD0B9.jpeg
    CEF19A98-96CB-4E89-A88D-D3DF7EEDD0B9.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 104
Have you got a 5/0 in colour touch? I would put that on for 10 mins, will calm it down

But it doesn't look that bad in that picture, I don't know what it's like in person!

Good luck x

Have you got a 5/0 in colour touch? I would put that on for 10 mins, will calm it down

But it doesn't look that bad in that picture, I don't know what it's like in person!

Good luck x

Bright !!

Attachments

• 4A2917D4-9BEC-412F-87DF-21EE2E2CCF85.jpeg
    4A2917D4-9BEC-412F-87DF-21EE2E2CCF85.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 70
It doesn’t look it in the pics but it is !

Oh no, try 5/0. What else do you have?

In ct not that much 0/68 66/07
Kp, 4/0 5/0 6/0 4/75 0/68 44/65 ( butbthats also p5)
All the others are light
The colour is great apart from my root glow !

Do you have pastel? You could mix that with the 5/0 KP or try 66/07.

Wouldn't leave it on for too long though x

Do you have pastel? You could mix that with the 5/0 KP or try 66/07.

Wouldn't leave it on for too long though x
No I don’t have pastel, maybe it’ll be an early trip to the wholesale, I’ll maybe get ct 44/65 and just comb it through to tone down the roots. Neat time I’ll use 55 with the special mix. My own fault....I didn’t see the p5

I wouldn't do that because it's still got so much red in.

I would use a base to calm it down x

I wouldn't do that because it's still got so much red in.

I would use a base to calm it down x
Do you think that would let the /65 show ? The mid lengths and ends are a nice colour, it’s just the root glow that’s not good, I guess because 55/65 is a p5

Yes but if you put a red on top of red it will just glow more, using natural will dilute it x

Yes but if you put a red on top of red it will just glow more, using natural will dilute it x
Thank you, as you can tell colouring isn’t my strong point.....scares me !!

Don't worry we all have weaknesses x

I was just going to suggest what Jamie has said, just put a bit of base on the root for a few minutes and comb it down a tad bit. use the 5/0 kp just dilute it down with water
x

55/65 and 5/0 equal parts with 3% jst on roots, should do it, colour looks nice though[emoji1303]

The colour looks fab!
Deffo go in with a base for a few mins to tone it down... maybe after a couple of washes it will
Tone down anyway!! X

Latest posts

Back