Mica pigments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caroline90

Reaction score
Hi guys ☺
I've been looking at the Mica Pigments from the colour shack on ebay..
Does anyone know if they are good to mix with gel and acrylic? If so what way would you apply them? Just looking for some new colours to add to my collection.
If anyone has any pics of acrylic or gels nails with mica pigments could you post them here if it's not to much hassle. ☺
Thanks in advance.
Caroline ✌ x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi there,
I have the brights collection from colour shack, and there nice. I use them either on top of the tacky layer of my gellux, or I have megamix, and I mix it with that to create my own customised uv gel.
Both work well, I have a couple of pics I will upload of diff ideas, will post them when I get a moment.
There good for making an ombre effect over the end of the nail too

HTH

Purple pigment dusted with a dry nail art brush on top of gellux black tacky layer

Attachments

• 20141022_105640.jpg
    20141022_105640.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 171
Colour shack pigment mixed with megamix uv gel
mixed with a cocktail stick and apply with ebay nail art brush

Attachments

• 20140707_224021.jpg
    20140707_224021.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 177
Thanks guys very much appreciated..
Do you need to use alot to get good coverage?

Mine arrived yesterday, the bright collection from colour shack. I just did 2 coats of white and then pat the pigment in over the top & then top it off. Don't need a lot at all! Can't wait to do more experimenting. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414504616.676906.jpg

You hardly use any. I would youtube 'Sarah R' on youtube aka Salongeeks 'the real mrs grey'.
She has a fab vid on pigments, colour shack and s2 ones, and shows you how to brush them onto your white sticky layer, and as above, looks very affective.

Oh those colours are fab.. only thing is I don't use shellac or any gel polish.. I use Nsi balance gels and attraction Acrylic.. Would those pigments work just as good with gel and acrylic rather then shellac or a gel polish?

Il go onto youtube now and subscribe to her.. thanks so much for the info guys

Caroline ✌ x

Latest posts

Back