Micro links help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lusciouslocks

Reaction score
Hello! Need abit of advice really, since completing my training I have not done micro links on any clients, I've always advertised this method but clients haven't got the trust for this method I've found because its not well known methods, today ive had a client ring up saying she wants me to do her maintance, I've cant even remember how to remove the link, is it the same as bonds or do I re-melt the link and slide the hair out.. Then obviously replace the bond. Can someone please help me for removal. Thank you

LusciousLocks&Me

Hello! Need abit of advice really, since completing my training I have not done micro links on any clients, I've always advertised this method but clients haven't got the trust for this method I've found because its not well known methods, today ive had a client ring up saying she wants me to do her maintance, I've cant even remember how to remove the link, is it the same as bonds or do I re-melt the link and slide the hair out.. Then obviously replace the bond. Can someone please help me for removal. Thank you

LusciousLocks&Me

Honestly...stop advertising and refer the customer to someone who can do this service if you know someone or reply and say you do not work on top of other people's work. Do not risk your reputation, do not put a customer at risk when you have honestly admitted you don't know what to do.

Honestly...stop advertising and refer the customer to someone who can do this service if you know someone or reply and say you do not work on top of other people's work. Do not risk your reputation, do not put a customer at risk when you have honestly admitted you don't know what to do.

I think you've misread my question.. I was trained in this method, but haven't done it since I trained. I still have my head the appointment isn't until next week so I am going to practise until then

, I've cant even remember how to remove the link, is it the same as bonds or do I re-melt the link and slide the hair out.. Then obviously replace the bond. Can someone please help me for removal. Thank you

LusciousLocks&Me

Hunni i would cancel this client. There is no melting or even heat involved in micro rings.
Maybe get you manual back out, have a practice on a dolls head if you have one but don't touch a human head until your 100% sure of what your doing.
Stick with pre bonds if that's what your confident in chick x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I think you've misread my question.. I was trained in this method, but haven't done it since I trained. I still have my head the appointment isn't until next week so I am going to practise until then

She didn't say you weren't qualified hun just that you admitted you don't know what your doing x

Hunni i would cancel this client. There is no melting or even heat involved in micro rings.
Maybe get you manual back out, have a practice on a dolls head if you have one but don't touch a human head until your 100% sure of what your doing.
Stick with pre bonds if that's what your confident in chick x

I'm not doing micro rings in doing micro links

LusciousLocks&Me

She didn't say you weren't qualified hun just that you admitted you don't know what your doing x

Yes I know what was said, my point was I just needed to go over what I was taught

LusciousLocks&Me

I'm not doing micro rings in doing micro links

LusciousLocks&Me

As far as I knew micro rings are called rings, links, loops and locks? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392325963.229548.jpg
same difference. I'm trained in rings and the ones I order come packages saying links? And no heat or glue is used?

As far as I knew micro rings are called rings, links, loops and locks?View attachment 56202
same difference. I'm trained in rings and the ones I order come packages saying links? And no heat or glue is used?

No micro rings are the rings and micro links are the plastic kind of bond, its 2 completely different methods

LusciousLocks&Me

Hiya hun, are you getting confused? as no heat is involved with micro links.
Shrink links is with heat if that's what you mean?

As the others said, cancel the client since someone else fitted them x

Same premise though? You crimp them closed and reverse crimp to open with pliers? No melting?

There also known as shrinkies

LusciousLocks&Me

LusciousLocks&Me

Okies got you, I don't maintenance much as I find they don't need it as they don't last as long.
I just check for matting, re do any that have slipped loads and replace missing ones. I tend to do full refit. However all my shrinkie clients have had them all for years x

LusciousLocks&Me

So they are totally different to micro links! Which require no heat or glue. This is what I've been trying to say and the other poster. Micro links are the same as loops/rings/copper tubes.

LusciousLocks&Me

Btw to actually answer your Q, yes you remove same way as install. However if you're not sure i wouldn't do it until fully confident x

Okies got you, I don't maintenance much as I find they don't need it as they don't last as long.
I just check for matting, re do any that have slipped loads and replace missing ones. I tend to do full refit. However all my shrinkie clients have had them all for years x

Thank you for your help! Shes had them
in for 5 weeks and hasn't lost one she just wants them moving up, I've never done a fitting on them since training because my clients haven't been wanting to spend money on a method that dosnt last them long but if your clients are staying with them. I might try harder

LusciousLocks&Me

Btw to actually answer your Q, yes you remove same way as install. However if you're not sure i wouldn't do it until fully confident x

Thank you for helping, yes I will practise on my dolls head as I said ive got a week to go over it, the client is a friend anyway so should be ok. Thank you again :)

LusciousLocks&Me

So they are totally different to micro links! Which require no heat or glue. This is what I've been trying to say and the other poster. Micro links are the same as loops/rings/copper tubes.

Just a misunderstanding! In my training I was taught they was called micro links and Shrinkies for short, I've got this written in my training manual too, never mind got there eventually

LusciousLocks&Me

Just because your qualified doesn't mean your capable, specially if you have admitted to not knowing. I'd be really concerned as a client if someone hadn't practised something many times before using me as a guinea pig. When I became qualified in extensions I practised for nearly 9 months before I took on any paying customers! Is it really worth taking on this one client if it all goes wrong? You have no idea what products have been used and how they are going to react if you source and didn't fit them in the first place. X

Just because your qualified doesn't mean your capable, specially if you have admitted to not knowing. I'd be really concerned as a client if someone hadn't practised something many times before using me as a guinea pig. When I became qualified in extensions I practised for nearly 9 months before I took on any paying customers! Is it really worth taking on this one client if it all goes wrong? You have no idea what products have been used and how they are going to react if you source and didn't fit them in the first place. X

Like ive said ive got a week to practise, it is a friend she knows I've never fitted them before. Have you not read my posts?

LusciousLocks&Me

Latest posts

Back