Micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xgxexmx

Reaction score
Hi
I am a bit confused about the micro rings. I have one client who has had micro rings fitted in november and still has them in after a few maintenance visits although i would say about 5 have come out. I did some one elses 2 or 3 weeks ago and they said at least 20 have come out? i feel like i am doing exactly the same on everyone, but why am i getting such varied results?
Thanks
xxx

Hi,
I get exactly the same thing, I would say it depends on how they treat the hair, some of my clients admit to be rough when brushing despite my aftercare advice of holding the hair below the bonds/rings and brushing from the ends working their way up the hair....I think it also depends on what their natural hair is like i.e greasy or dry and also what they wash it in and how often they wash. I always just say that you can see upto 20 strands come out within 4-6 weeks but it really does depnd on how well they look after it, if they get less drop out it's a bonus! I have one client that has had hers in sonce just before Xmas, i'm taking them out next week, she hasn't had a maintenance as she's only lost 5, however another client i was going back on maintenance every two weeks as she was losing 10 every couple of weeks which I suspect was down to bad aftercare on her part....needless to say I won't have anything to do with that particular client anymore. I would just advise that you give the client the worst case scenario so anything less pleases them, that's what I do. Must be doing something right as i'm fully booked most of the time.

Hi,
I get exactly the same thing, I would say it depends on how they treat the hair, some of my clients admit to be rough when brushing despite my aftercare advice of holding the hair below the bonds/rings and brushing from the ends working their way up the hair....I think it also depends on what their natural hair is like i.e greasy or dry and also what they wash it in and how often they wash. I always just say that you can see upto 20 strands come out within 4-6 weeks but it really does depnd on how well they look after it, if they get less drop out it's a bonus! I have one client that has had hers in sonce just before Xmas, i'm taking them out next week, she hasn't had a maintenance as she's only lost 5, however another client i was going back on maintenance every two weeks as she was losing 10 every couple of weeks which I suspect was down to bad aftercare on her part....needless to say I won't have anything to do with that particular client anymore. I would just advise that you give the client the worst case scenario so anything less pleases them, that's what I do. Must be doing something right as i'm fully booked most of the time.
yea i am too strange though isnt it? aw good i am getting about that amount but thought i was doing something wrong. i would love to make it less. Some of my clients get worried but i just try to reassure them that it is normal.
xx

Latest posts

Back