Micro weft help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettyboowooop

Reaction score
Hello I'm hoping for some help I did my training for hair extensions quite a while ago and have not done any wefts for a very long time. Now all of a sudden I've had a bit of a boom in micro ring wefts.. The thing is I can't remember specific aftercare for wefts how long they are supposed to last etc basically because I haven't done many and my training was so long ago i cant find my info pack and I've just forgotten it all (on wefts)

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks in advance xx

I suggest doing a refresher course, it's probably the best way if you've forgotten the basics ;-)

I always advise that each clients has their weave tightened every 4-6 weeks. x

Well to be fair to the op I think micro weft is pretty new out but I don't think it requires a refresher course would anyone do one for that? I don't get mictowefts u don't need them it's just an la weave which was originally the Malaysian weave it's far more secure if u create the track with your micro links and then sew the weft on as in a corn row weave. Micro wefts just seem a bit unnecessary to me.

Well to be fair to the op I think micro weft is pretty new out but I don't think it requires a refresher course would anyone do one for that? I don't get mictowefts u don't need them it's just an la weave which was originally the Malaysian weave it's far more secure if u create the track with your micro links and then sew the weft on as in a corn row weave. Micro wefts just seem a bit unnecessary to me.

Micro wefts have been around for years? You need to train in them if you want insurance. There are so many different variations, the putting of rings not your natural hair then sewing in my opinion is a waste if time when it cx. Be applied directly with rings. But each to their own

I was questioning the training more then anything as training nowadays doesn't teach you anything more than the basics which is becoming more and more evident with all the posts on here regarding basic application and maintenance etc.

Micro wefts have been around for years? You need to train in them if you want insurance. There are so many different variations, the putting of rings not your natural hair then sewing in my opinion is a waste if time when it cx. Be applied directly with rings. But each to their own

I was questioning the training more then anything as training nowadays doesn't teach you anything more than the basics which is becoming more and more evident with all the posts on here regarding basic application and maintenance etc.

I no my insurance policy I'm covered for all extensions and you don't need to take make my word for it there are numerous threads and most people agree that the micro weft with attached links is not as secure as the cornrow or la weave its just quicker. A weft of hair is quite heavy securing it with just the micro links is not as secure they slip. Try it by all means but the problem is when they do slide out you've lost the customer most people expect a weave to be sewn in. Links are ok for individual strands but are not very suitable to secure a weft.

I no my insurance policy I'm covered for all extensions and you don't need to take make my word for it there are numerous threads and most people agree that the micro weft with attached links is not as secure as the cornrow or la weave its just quicker. A weft of hair is quite heavy securing it with just the micro links is not as secure they slip. Try it by all means but the problem is when they do slide out you've lost the customer most people expect a weave to be sewn in. Links are ok for individual strands but are not very suitable to secure a weft.

People may "expect" them to be sewn in, as they may be unaware of alternative methods. My clients expect me to have a thorough and up to date understanding of each and every method available and their suitability for their individual hair structure and lifestyle etc
Sew in wefts were originally fitted in Afro Caribbean hair, and have since become more popular with Europeans. European hair structure is very fine in comparison and a sew in weft is not always suitable, plaited too tight can cause the skin on the scalp to crack, too slack and the plait will loosen.
I've been fitting extensions for 9 years all day every day, so don't need to try it, I have never lost a client over a poorly fitted weft. I've always used rings and none have slipped as I fit correctly an securely. Rings are perfectly fine, incredibly secure and cause less damage to your natural hair, but thanks for your opinion.

Ps. Which company provides insurance without training? Do they offer car insurance without a license too?lololol

Last edited:
I don't think you have understood what i mean an La Weave creates the the track using micro links to which a weft is sewn in lew of cornrow so i didnt really need a lecture in afro carribean hair structure etc. It means you can use any weft rather than the pre linked ones and they do hold better,

This is a forum not an audition for a standup comedy are you seriously accusing me of being not being insured? I wouldn't make stupid uncalled for wisecracks I trained in the extensions module on NVQ Level 3 and with Balmain. Salongold are quite happy with this as for my car insurance I'm not a joyrider thats with Admiral and a s for you as for you carry on slanders illegal so I would be careful with your choice of words I'm sure you think your hilarious but sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.

It was opinion try both and see before you jump down my throat.

I don't think you have understood what i mean an La Weave creates the the track using micro links to which a weft is sewn in lew of cornrow so i didnt really need a lecture in afro carribean hair structure etc. It means you can use any weft rather than the pre linked ones and they do hold better,

This is a forum not an audition for a standup comedy are you seriously accusing me of being not being insured? I wouldn't make stupid uncalled for wisecracks I trained in the extensions module on NVQ Level 3 and with Balmain. Salongold are quite happy with this as for my car insurance I'm not a joyrider thats with Admiral and a s for you as for you carry on slanders illegal so I would be careful with your choice of words I'm sure you think your hilarious but sarcasm is the lowest form of whit.

It was opinion try both and see before you jump down my throat.

I quite clearly understood what you meant as you mentioned a cornrow weave (sewn in and originating from the afro Caribbean community therefore relevant) and also said "most people expect a weave to be sewn in", I fully understand what an LA weave is, my method of attaching a weft using micro rings does not have rings attached and you can use ANY weft ( rings pre attached are usually the cheap Ebay ones or poor hair/supplier wefts)

Not sure what your understanding of slander is? But let me educate you ..the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

I asked who you were insured with, as you stated your insurance covers you for ALL methods? A QUESTION NOT A STATEMENT? I also asked which company provides insurance without training, again I asked a question?

If you would like to educate me on how any of the above is slander then I would love to hear it?

Sarcasm..the use of irony to mock or convey contempt. Again I ask you at what point have I been sarcastic?

Try both what? If you mean both methods, I am fully trained and insured and have 9 years experience in ALL methods, and I know the pros and cons and differences between them all.

This is a forum as you so cleverly pointed out, and I have my opinion just like you have yours, opinion is opinion and fact is fact, be careful not to confuse the two ;-)

PM me if you would like my email address or contact details for your solicitor (now that would be amusing)

'Ps. Which company provides insurance without training? Do they offer car insurance without a license too?lololol

Your words I just think it was a rather stupid thing to say? What where you implying them? If you think you need a piece of paper for every single technique that comes out in hairdressing go ahead. I'm sorry I offered advice I won't bother with your posts in future you its not a big deal I don't think there's sinlg point in continuing this defend it you want I'm not bothered you where talking rubbish end off! Immature and petty. Iv got my own solicitor don't need yours thanks but it Mr Musgrove at Sleigh Son and Booth in Denton not and I don't think any of this has relevance to the op's question though do u just like drama? Wierd

Last edited:
'Ps. Which company provides insurance without training? Do they offer car insurance without a license too?lololol

Your words I just think it was a rather stupid thing to say? What where you implying them? If you think you need a piece of paper for every single technique that comes out in hairdressing go ahead. I'm sorry I offered advice I won't bother with your posts in future you its not a big deal I don't think there's sinlg point in continuing this defend it you want I'm not bothered you where talking rubbish end off! Immature and petty. Iv got my own solicitor don't need yours thanks but it Mr Musgrove at Sleigh Son and Booth in Denton not and I don't think any of this has relevance to the op's question though do u just like drama? Wierd

You must be confused (again) I was helping you out as you were accusing me of slander, and as the accuser you would take action first. As a hair extensionist yes you need to be qualified in ALL methods you are fitting in order to be insured No idea what it's like for hairdressing as it's not relevant to a post about hair extensions

I am only responsible for what I post, not what you understand or how you react

defame, defame someone's character, blacken someone's name, give someone a bad name, tell lies about, speak ill/evil of, drag through the mud/mire, throw/sling/fling mud at, sully someone's reputation, libel, smear, run a smear campaign against, cast aspersions on, spread scandal about, besmirch, tarnish, taint, misrepresent; malign, traduce, vilify, calumniate, disparage, denigrate, decry, run down; slur; informaldo a hatchet job on; rarederogate, asperse, vilipend"

i think that fits the description of the unnecessary comment you made to me as a business owner for 10 years iv dealt with the same lady at Salongold for about 5 years and I double checked because you never no and if i was in the wrong i would hold my hand up and say but she has confirmed I am fully covered for all extensions methods I use.

At no point did i threaten legal action I said that it could be interpreted as slander but at no point would I even dream of wasting yours and my time over a silly disagreement on a web forum though was trying to emphasise that you shouldn't be so sharp and fire cheap shots. I fully understood about the solicitor thing to be honest i was just tryng to make light of it because its absurd how this has escalated we both like extensions why are you after a war

I like to get on with people on here Im sorry if iv upset you we can all do that and if I have i didn't mean to but im not prepared to keep going over it and I really don't think you would of appreciated the comment that you said followed by lololol from a grown up women who is very articulate im surprised your trying to justify that as being ok.

I dont no where you want to go with this i think we should agree to disagree you seem unrelenting and lifes too short im bored of this conflict. Its pointless but you seem to enoy it and im baffled why im finding it tedious.

Latest posts

Back