Microblading gone wrong-help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest my brows were awful before I got them topped up, they took the reddish tinge I had out, did a better shape and put loads more hair strokes in. I absolutely love them now, so don't despair!!!

Last edited:
Really not sure her photos are hers to be honest! I can't see how as mine are so different! She used the machine and apparently used the smallest needle. I've been picking and soaking my eyebrows and have been using a salt and lemon scrub. She's a trainer though.... How is she allowed to train people is beyond me! X

Really not sure her photos are hers to be honest! I can't see how as mine are so different! She used the machine and apparently used the smallest needle. I've been picking and soaking my eyebrows and have been using a salt and lemon scrub. She's a trainer though.... How is she allowed to train people is beyond me! X

They probably weren't her photos. Unfortunately it's quite easy to become a trainer in the beauty industry Nobody checks the standard of your work. If you're qualified in the treatment, once you get a teaching qualification you can train.

A machine isn't blading a machine is pmu totally different look ;( I've been doing blading for nearly a year but still am gaining experience and only post my work pictures, I've just trained last month at pmu machine it's so different to blading X how are they looking now ? Unfortunately the colour can take the full 4 weeks to settle and show true results but a lot can be altered on top up X

Salt helps to pull out pigment, only just read this so probably too late. Also the pictures of what you wanted are Microblading, they gave you micropigmentation with a machine. They don't look bad by the way just not what you wanted. Xx

They are like a bluey grey now but I know it'll take a while to settle. What are my options for correction... I've heard that putting a pigment into my skin can alter the tone... Am i correct or have I totally missconstued this? X

Guys I'm really annoyed that I'm now going to have to pay double what I paid to get what I wanted I'm the first place. Thats £600!.... It's a holiday..... What are my grounds for a refund?

Guys I'm really annoyed that I'm now going to have to pay double what I paid to get what I wanted I'm the first place. Thats £600!.... It's a holiday..... What are my grounds for a refund?

False advertising maybe?
providing you can prove the pictures aren't her work. x

Did she use a hand tool ? Or a machine you would of heard the machine method, if you don't follow after care the pigment will come out a lot quicker but not so much with the machine as it goes slightly deeper ;( is she training ? I've just trained in machine method and the stokes look quite thick like machine, are her photos her photos ?

Machines actually provide more detailed work than microblading.. Microblading is often done with 14/9 blades whereas when doing machine work you can work using a single fine needle - this girls simply a new tech that has not been honest with the client advising that they cannot meet the clients expectations

To rid the skin of pigment exfoliate the skin frequently but not excessively

Do not opt got microblading to correct this as then you will have an even bigger problem on your hands :(

Where are you based?

Santa at golden brow studio coventry is amazing at microblading. Maybe try book in with her for a consultation as she might be able to fix them a bit. She did mine and they are amazing! Such natural hair like strokes!

Hi all please help me I got my eyebrows done this week and hate them my boyfriend who doesn't notice anything I have done told me I look like a cartoon character! I've been crying for 3 days straight! I contacted a company after they were reccomended to me by a few clients. But for blush brows ( I believe it's called). I specifically said I want natural hair strokes and sent her pictures of what I wanted! (picture also attached) She said they could do that on me and I carried on excited but nervous which I told her I was. When I got there she was training someone and I knew this which was fine... I'm a trainer in hairdressing and was put at ease by the fact they train people to do this. So she drew the shape a lovely full brow that suited my face and totally natural. What I got was this............ My eyebrows before and after she done them. I asked why they flicked up and why they were so thin she said they would need to heal then she could make them thicker and use a thicker needle!! Wtf it just looks like ink blobs to me... It's uneven... I can't see hair strokes and it's nothing like what I asked for... What do I do guys is there any cream I can put on my skin to break the pigment?? Can I still get what I wanted originally?

Hi all so an update on this situation..... It's been a couple of months and I have acted on your advice & thank you they have faded somewhat!

However I hate them the whole idea of having 'micro blading' was to stop filling them in with eyebrow pencil (I'm still having to do this)

I am currently leasing with her business partner who is nice but I'm getting no where it seems my word against hers!
The therapist is calling me a liar and saying:
- she told me she was using a machine (she didnt)
- she told me I would need them topped up (again she didnt)
- she tole me I was having SPMU as it was the exact same effect as hairstroke (its not) ....

all of this proof I have on a Facebook chat! And I'm asking to see my consultation form which she is refusing to show me (I'm not sure if she has destroyed it or lost it)

Where do I stand legally? I have booked into someone else who is very very qualified and she said she will rectify them and even give me the hair stroke method. But Im still so upset.. I really want what I paid originally to go towards this so have asked for a refund. She has offered half!

Please help.... 'they are not that bad' isn't the look I was trying to achieve!

Xxxxxxx

Attachments

• 1476913508022.jpg
    1476913508022.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 427
  • 1476913532930.jpg
    1476913532930.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 380
  • 1476913556821.jpg
    1476913556821.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 384
Hi, I do microblading.
The picture you screen shot is performed by permanent beauty London by linh. She is a highly skilled Spmu, and very talented.
Amongst her skills she uses only the highest quality pigments, and blades available.
These things will play a huge factor in the end result.
The person that done your brows looks to me that they may have very little experience and knowledge of microblading.
Microblading cannot be picked up easily by someone used to using a machine. It is a completly different method, and needs training.
The reason the hairstrokes aren't crisp. Is because she has worked to deep. She has lost some of the pigment in the dermal layers and the colour has migrated. Giving the eyebrows a cloudy greyish tone.

My best advice, if you haven't done so already would be to seek out a lazer tattoo remover and proceed in a course to remove them and book in with someone with a lot more experience.

ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Don't go just by recommendation!

Hope this helps x

I'm new to microblading as well I know the first couple weeks the brows appear darker and they will peel. My biggest issue as a new microbladder is knowing if I'm going too deep or not deep enough. Also I'm using biotouch ink and 12 microbeedles I'm wondering is this the best option for my clients they have all turned out great but I want to be the best I can be !

Hi, I do microblading.
The picture you screen shot is performed by permanent beauty London by linh. She is a highly skilled Spmu, and very talented.
Amongst her skills she uses only the highest quality pigments, and blades available.
These things will play a huge factor in the end result.
The person that done your brows looks to me that they may have very little experience and knowledge of microblading.
Microblading cannot be picked up easily by someone used to using a machine. It is a completly different method, and needs training.
The reason the hairstrokes aren't crisp. Is because she has worked to deep. She has lost some of the pigment in the dermal layers and the colour has migrated. Giving the eyebrows a cloudy greyish tone.

My best advice, if you haven't done so already would be to seek out a lazer tattoo remover and proceed in a course to remove them and book in with someone with a lot more experience.

ALWAYS DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! Don't go just by recommendation!

Hope this helps x

I really did....I'm wondering if her work on her website / Facebook isn't hers! And will you get this ....She's a trainer??!

I really did....I'm wondering if her work on her website / Facebook isn't hers! And will you get this ....She's a trainer??!

Hey Redlottie,

Just wondering how your brows are now?

Hey Redlottie,

Just wondering how your brows are now?

Still awful.... the company involved are refusing to do anything. And I can't afford a solicitor or to have them rectified

Still awful.... the company involved are refusing to do anything. And I can't afford a solicitor or to have them rectified
I'm qualified in microblading and what you have had done is NOT microblading.
She used a machine and as said before it's a totally diff method and result.
Sadly, the person doing this was inexperienced and as such you have ended up with very poorly defined brows.
The shape is incorrect and doesn't suit your face, the pigment choice is poor and the hair strokes are inconsistent and also poorly excecuted.

As mentioned before if you want the brows in the pic, you need to go to them, BUT, there are other very good techs that can do the same thing (slightly diff of corse, but the shape and hair pattern etc).

This is an example of my work from last Friday (17th March 2017).
If you like my work, you book me, but it is possible to find other good techs than can produce similar work.

With regards to the previous work you are not happy with, I'm afraid I would chalk it up to experience.
You signed the form and they have you what you paid for. They will not refund you just because you 'didn't like the result.'
I know you don't want to hear that and I'm NOT sticking up for them, but when clients come to me I know it's because they want my work on their face.
I explain everything to them and manage expectations.
I do agree the person was unskilled and that's the problem with going to a salon. The pics were probably their work but NOT the girl who did you, which is a grey area.

I'm wondering whether you went back to them or have since been somewhere else, but again, correcting over previous work is very tricky.

There isn't much I can say that will help, but I would forget the salon and move on. Legally I do not think you can or is worth perusing as you are arguing that you simply don't like the results. The salon was licensed, qualified and insured so it's going to cost you time and money to persue this and you will almost certainly lose. Councils tend not to have the power to do anything unless the salon is not licensed, but they are.
It's then a civil matter which will cost you, and certainly double, triple, quadruple more than you paid out.

I totally feel your anger, but sadly you have very little power except leave neg reviews and photos of yours online.

HTH
Alison

www.norwichnails.co.uk

Attachments

• IMG_5403.JPG
    IMG_5403.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 185
The pics were probably their work but NOT the girl who did you, which is a grey area.
Councils tend not to have the power to do anything unless the salon is not licensed, but they are.
It's then a civil matter which will cost you, and certainly double, triple, quadruple more than you paid out.

Misrepresentation is not a grey area at all.
It's a criminal offence (Misrepresentation Act 1967) to deliberately induce you to enter into a contract on the basis of a fraudulent claim. If someone posts pictures of 'their work' on Facebook, website etc. and you are given to understand that this is their work, but later, it turns out that someone else did it, that's blatantly fraudulent.

Trading Standards will investigate matters relating to fraudulent advertising. Also, it's not very expensive to take out a separate civil claim with the County Court. When you win, your costs will be refunded by the other party.

Hi all please help me I got my eyebrows done this week and hate them my boyfriend who doesn't notice anything I have done told me I look like a cartoon character! I've been crying for 3 days straight! I contacted a company after they were reccomended to me by a few clients. But for blush brows ( I believe it's called). I specifically said I want natural hair strokes and sent her pictures of what I wanted! (picture also attached) She said they could do that on me and I carried on excited but nervous which I told her I was. When I got there she was training someone and I knew this which was fine... I'm a trainer in hairdressing and was put at ease by the fact they train people to do this. So she drew the shape a lovely full brow that suited my face and totally natural. What I got was this............ My eyebrows before and after she done them. I asked why they flicked up and why they were so thin she said they would need to heal then she could make them thicker and use a thicker needle!! Wtf it just looks like ink blobs to me... It's uneven... I can't see hair strokes and it's nothing like what I asked for... What do I do guys is there any cream I can put on my skin to break the pigment?? Can I still get what I wanted originally?

If I'm honest I'm worried that if I went further with it they will find out where I work and slander me or my my life hell x

Latest posts

Back