Microplane - how do you position your client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina <3s Nails

Reaction score
For those of you who who use a microplane and have clients with lots of callus build-up, how do you position your client? At the moment, I have used a regular foot rasp and have done it after the client has soaked her foot in the tub and after applying a callus removal gel and letting it soak a few minutes. This is uncomfortable to me (to hold her foot up while I work at the callus in an area that I can't really "see" all that well). I'm ordering the microplane from Sweet Squared (I have a microplane, but it's not a very good quality). I'd like to use it on clients' feet before soaking. I'm wondering if anyone else has the client lay on a massage table (face downward with the feet partially off the end of the table so that their heels are facing you). It seems to me that this would be the most opportune position to see what I'm doing and not get so tired. Yes, I'd have to change the sheet and sanitize the area, but I think I'd probably do a better job. Does anyone else do this? Or, do you have any suggestions on how I can do it at the pedicure tub without getting tired of holding her foot and not seeing what I'm doing??? Thanks in advance!!

I ask them to put one leg on the other crossed over then work from the
Side while lightly supporting the
Foot

That makes no sense...... I've taken a pic, hope it makes sense
Lol

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392069627.981390.jpg

Oh your nails look lovely in that pic, thats a brilliant colour

Thanks. That makes sense. And by the way, I also like the color of your fingernails :D

Latest posts

Back