Microplane?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glamdoll

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me please how often they replace their Microplane please, if they use one?

Bump

Am also interested...

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Only just mine a few weeks, and I love it... I'm sure it would take a while before having to replace

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

It would depend on how often you use it and on what kind of feet.Ive had one which I only use on myself about once a month,for about 6 years and its still excellent.

Thanks for replying :)

How do you clean it? Have heard that if it is submerged, as per instructions, the plastic cracks?

I have read on other threads that soaking in barbicide is how the manufacturer recommends cleaning it, but am worried about the cracking issues some geeks have had.

If anyone can reassure me that their method does not cause cracking, please tell me how you do it! (I have mundo power plus, which I have had some rusting issues with, so tend to use the mundo file disinfectant spray on tools atm)

xxx

Hi,
I submerge mine - for 10-15 mins as per barbicide instructions ... I suppose if you left it submerged it may crack ... !!!
Someone else may be along with an answer who had one longer than me!!!

Xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Just bringing up this thread.... Just used my microplane and it didn't seem to work as well as usual, I've not used it that much but the feet have been pretty bad! Do u think its time to replace? The feet were quite soft flaky skin tho rather than hard if that makes sense so Is there a better tool for this type? Felt a bit disappointed with the end result but realistically do you all ever manage to get feet looking amazing at the end of pedicure I always seem to have some dry/flaky skin left and feel that the client is probably expecting baby soft immaculate feet ☹ x

And I used china glaze flip flop fantasy for the first time and it was awful to paint with is that just me. I'm feeling a bit deflated.....client seemed happy tho x

I love my microplane!
To clean I remove the metal and put both parts in a bowl with a sterilising tablet (like for babys) and hot water.. then into barbicide.
Haven't had to replace any bits and had 6 months x

Thank you just didn't seem like it was doing much but maybe was because it was flaky rather than hard skin?? X

I love my microplane!
To clean I remove the metal and put both parts in a bowl with a sterilising tablet (like for babys) and hot water.. then into barbicide.
Haven't had to replace any bits and had 6 months x
How do you remove/separate the metal part? The leaflet with it showed a diagram of it being in 2 bits but I've always been too nervous to push any part too hard.

To OP, I have 3, had 4 but I broke handle on one. They should last for quite a while, 9 - 12 months, but I recommend having more than one. I wash in soapy water, quick dip in barbicide then wee spray with mundo sterilising spray.

It has a plastic clip bit that I pull off and push back on. Just be careful putting it back on checking that its in correctly

Just done it, thank you.

Latest posts

Back