Microsoft AOL beta email hoax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marioned

Reaction score
Sorry to disappoint anyone who thought they were going to get a fortune, this is a hoax which has been going about in one form or another for years.

check it out here Microsoft/AOL E-Mail Tracking

Yep I recieved my email to day,I have emailed it off to a few others, but it did seem far too good to be true, but like it said in the email , what have you got to loose.

Thanks for letting us know BTW.xxx

Well done Marion for pointing this out, this is just one of the many ways that the internet is getting bogged down with complete dross. Lots of communication going across the globe.....but.....how much of it is genuine? How many genuine emails do we get each day in compared to the amount of spam we receive?

As you say Debbie, it looked far too good to be true, and so its turned out. A good rule of thumb I find is if it seems to be good to be true, it more than likely is. So when I get one of these nonsense emails that I havent seen before, I'll do a quick search on Google for the relevant phrase (ie, Microsoft AOL beta email) and you can be assured that somebody will have already flagged this as a hoax, normally the result will be on the first page of the google results.

Why should we bother? Well, if everyone who received this email refused to send it on, it immediately cuts down on all the spam generated on the net. It also saves your friends inbox from being filled with spam. Reason enough to do that quick google search, eh? :)

The email I was sent had hundreds, if not closer to 1000 addresses it had been sent to! I don't think Bill Gates would have any money left if all these, and all the other people who had sent it out, got the advertised money of $750 per name.

Latest posts

Back