Might be a silly question but.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

As the title says, i was wondering if when you do french extensions can you do one layer of gel and cleanse then buff to remove the shine and then paint the white tips, wait for it to dry and then do your second layer of gel to seal the polish in??

I only ask as i client that i did said that this is what a previous lady did before on her nails. plus gel doesnt stick to a shiny surface so would this actually work over nail polish? :confused:

Thanks xxx

Hi Geeks

As the title says, i was wondering if when you do french extensions can you do one layer of gel and cleanse then buff to remove the shine and then paint the white tips, wait for it to dry and then do your second layer of gel to seal the polish in??

I only ask as i client that i did said that this is what a previous lady did before on her nails. plus gel doesnt stick to a shiny surface so would this actually work over nail polish? :confused:

Thanks xxx
I think it's more likely that the client has previously has a set of natural looking gels - once the structure is completed and buffed into shape, had a french polish and then a UV Top Coat to finish which would be why she'd assume it was a gel.

Thing is she said she did it how i described. One layer then polish then another layer, then the top coat after :S so i am a bit confused as to if this is right does it actually work xx

Thing is she said she did it how i described. One layer then polish then another layer, then the top coat after :S so i am a bit confused as to if this is right does it actually work xx
Hmm, strange. Not saying that this is the case but sometimes that's what a client thinks she's seen but ends up being completely opposite with a step or 2 inbetween.

My friend once told me she'd done her own set of acrylics and did all the same stuff that I do, 'ya know, just apply the acrylic ball onto the nail and pat it down, then file them'.. oh, so you didn't do any prep?? 'Nope, never even remember you doing that'?!?!?! Lol.. completely different interpretation of how I remember doing her nails! :rolleyes::lol:

LOL some people make me laugh :biggrin:

I might give it a go next time i do my nails and see what happens and see how long it lasts. :biggrin:

She more than likely used a Paint on White Gel... looks like a polish because it's in a bottle, but it's a gel.

HTHs

Was going to say the same about it being a paint on white gel.

Axxium gel has a gel polish that you use with the axxium hard gels to make the white stand out more since their white gel is just a soft white. According to their procedure though you're supposed to use it on the top, but it does need to be cured so its probably that

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

ditto the paint on gel , and polish isnt a shiny surface not really with out top coat :)

Latest posts

Back