Migraines

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tks , I know my triggers x stress and tiredness !! And hormonal x

I agree that it's frustrating when people who've never suffered a migraine suggest taking large quantities of paracetamol or paracetamol plus aspirin together and that you should just ignore the pain...!

I get migraines related to my menstrual cycle and have done since I hit my 30's. It starts on the left side of my face above my eye and spreads. I'm not always sick but if I am, it's a projectile type that I can't control. Occasionally, I lose my vision for a short while.

I take Almogram tablets on prescription from the GP when I can feel one coming on (usually about a week before a period is due), and this helps to stop it. Afterwards, I feel very drugged and my brain feels like it's not working properly, forgetting words etc. but at least the pain's gone.

However, I found that taking 2 Feverfew tablets daily really helped to reduce the severity and frequency of the attacks once it had built up in my system. You need to take them daily for at least 4 weeks before you will see a real improvement though. I used to get migraines lasting 2-3 days at a time and a couple of episodes a month.

Much better now though. I still get them monthly but I feel I can manage them better now.

When I was pregnant, I had no migraines at all, yay :), but they came back shortly after giving birth, grr. :-(

Agree with others that drinking lots of water (if you can manage it). Also, watch your blood sugar levels don't drop too much during the day so eat regular healthy snacks to keep your sugar levels even. That seems to help me a bit.

I agree that it's frustrating when people who've never suffered a migraine suggest taking large quantities of paracetamol or paracetamol plus aspirin together and that you should just ignore the pain...!

I get migraines related to my menstrual cycle and have done since I hit my 30's. It starts on the left side of my face above my eye and spreads. I'm not always sick but if I am, it's a projectile type that I can't control. Occasionally, I lose my vision for a short while.

I take Almogram tablets on prescription from the GP when I can feel one coming on (usually about a week before a period is due), and this helps to stop it. Afterwards, I feel very drugged and my brain feels like it's not working properly, forgetting words etc. but at least the pain's gone.

However, I found that taking 2 Feverfew tablets daily really helped to reduce the severity and frequency of the attacks once it had built up in my system. You need to take them daily for at least 4 weeks before you will see a real improvement though. I used to get migraines lasting 2-3 days at a time and a couple of episodes a month.

Much better now though. I still get them monthly but I feel I can manage them better now.

When I was pregnant, I had no migraines at all, yay :), but they came back shortly after giving birth, grr. :-(

Agree with others that drinking lots of water (if you can manage it). Also, watch your blood sugar levels don't drop too much during the day so eat regular healthy snacks to keep your sugar levels even. That seems to help me a bit.

Tks will definitely look into it, it's nice to know there are other sufferers out there and that we can maybe help each other!! The vision going and the speech thing gets me , then feeling so drugged up ! Awful , I just dread getting one x

Latest posts

Back