Mini Gifts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingertips ND

Brand New Mummy Geek
Reaction score
You are all talking about mini gifts to give to your clients....if you make up your own mini pack what are you putting your products in and how much is it costing you?

I might be being thick but isn't it expensive to give out minis for free?

Please someone help!

I would love to do this for my clients but can't see how it can make you money if your giving them away!

Hiya...

ok i see what you mean but sometimes you have to give it first to get it back....if you get my drift....

the solaroil minis are 20 for 22.00
the solarbutter minis are 20 for 26.95
the creative bags are are 50 for 6.50
the aftercare leaflets are 50 for 4.95

You can either retail these little bags at £5.00 ish each or give them as i do to each new client...on my ads it says "free aftercare kit for all new clients with this card"

my cards are in hairdressers and such.....

the clients fall in love with the solar range and then buy the bigger bottles from me and the profits from that are 50% so it really is a winner.

If i saw two adds....both offering nails....1 has a free aftercare kit and the other doesnt you can betcha i am gonna go with the free gift one.

Hope this helps....xxxxx

Thanks Angie!

What if you didn't stock the bigger products?

I think its always a good idea to have retail stock available for you clients to buy....especially those items that you are using on the client on a regular basis .. ie...solaroil etc....but i have taken orders from my clients b4 and they are more than happy to wait until there next appt to receive them.

I am NSI trained and our Nurture oil is like your solar oil but other than that there aren't really any other products I don't think!

Oh and what do you put your minis in?

the little creative bags that i mentioned in my first reply....50 for 6.50
xxxxxxx

What do they look like?

I can't get them from NSI!

You wouldnt really want them if your not using creative products so maybe just some plain small gift bags would work....xx

Sorry I didn't explain myself very well there!

I didn't mean I wanted them from creative because they wouldn't match my retail items what I meant was what are they like? Size, etc.

I can't get on to the website to see creative products for some reason!

same sort of size as a sandwich bag....only little....maybe you could get some from a gift shop...xxx

Thanks for all your help Angie!

I really appreciate it!

Vic, how about some of the little bottles of hand creme that NSI do? the small 2oz bottles are £1.95 each or the the glas sheen or is it wet buffers, they sell them in retail packs or individually. You could put a small neutral nail polish in? They sell Hand Spa sachets for 99p....... you could have a look for some bags like kids party bags but without kids pictures on. I found some for valentines gift bags with hearts on, im sure you could get some with flowers or something that would be nice and put some tissue paper in the top to make it look more like a gift! xx

Thanks guys!

Any other ideas?

Try this link - http://www.create-n-celebrate.co.uk/products.php?subsec=8&sec=7these are lovely.

I actually make wedding stationary & greeting cards & i have a fab bag maker they are soo cute, i do mini ones with a lid, medium with a lid, or medium without which i make from card (pearlised,glitter or matt)they cost me about 20p in materials & don't take long to do either & i decorate them to match the theme of the kids party

I give mine out as a goody bag with kids nail parties so the cost of them is included in the price of the party.. my total bag costs me £1.50 which includes a mini sparkly nail varnish, a little pot of body shimmer, a mini pink nail file & 10 nail stickers & i'm trying to get hold of some mini scentsations too.

vic1082 said:
Any other ideas?

Hi Becki,

Just been on that site and found some lovely lilac organza bags that I can put a little bottle of nurture oil in and sew a little embellished metal F on for Fingertips!

Thanks v much guys!

NailStyle said:
I think its always a good idea to have retail stock available for you clients to buy....especially those items that you are using on the client on a regular basis .. ie...solaroil etc....but i have taken orders from my clients b4 and they are more than happy to wait until there next appt to receive them.
Hi i was reading what you had said about the free gift and i think thats a great idea but as was also mentioned i don't tend to keep the larger products in stock as mobile and haven't got the money to pull out. When you you take orders for products do you charge the client what it would cost you in p & p cause this is quite pricey and surely takes your profit away? Just curious as you given me so many ideas!!!! Many thanks :D

I have pretty much got my head round this now.

I am going to give my nurture oil out as a gift to new clients.

I am not going to carry around extra retail items.

If a client loves a product after seeing me use it on them I will then get one in stock for them. I wouldn't charge P&P as I go to the shop for mine!

Latest posts

Back