Minx procedure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
Evening everyone. I'm being minxed tomorrow for the first time and would like to know what the proper procedure entails.

Hoping to train and offer this service too so I am trying to try out a lot of the things I want to offer but also find out of it is being done correctly. Kind of sussing out the competition so to speak though I will be mobile.

My advice would be to do the training to learn the procedure before sussing out competition.

If you go on minxmynails.co.uk and go to application at the top, it's all there step by step! I went and watched my friend have it done before I took the plunge with minx (cheeky!) I absolutely love it, it's so worth offering as you don't need a huge kit and you can just hold a few designs and order others as requested. And of course it's the one everyone knows the name of! Good luck x

I'm trying to write my business plan which most of us know isnt easy! I'm trying to try out as many products as I can to decide what I want to offer. You can't recommend something you have never used right? I want to get the experience of the client before being the technician.

Thanks for the website I'll go check it out.

Forgot to say this is a free treatment I'm getting after having a bikini wax that went horribly wrong! She offered me a free treatment of my choice as an apology. Don't think much can go wrong with a minx to leave me in pain but I do want them to last coz I have a night out next weekend.

I'm trying to write my business plan which most of us know isnt easy! I'm trying to try out as many products as I can to decide what I want to offer. You can't recommend something you have never used right? I want to get the experience of the client before being the technician.

Thanks for the website I'll go check it out.
You don't have to be advised to go anywhere but right here on Salon geek. There is a step by step guide right here in the tutorials section.

I'm surprised you haven't looked right there in the most obvious place and if you have never found the members tutorials forum, then you are missing out on one of the sites most important resources. The education.

It tells you right above this post on the first page how to find the tutorials forum and the post is sticky, so always there every day. Still, I have done it for you to start you off.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-art-tutorials/117103-minx-application-step-step.html

Totally forgot about the tutorials. I need more sleep! Thanks geeg!

Well that wasn't minx! I got trendy wraps! She had cut the top off the sheets but I recognised them instantly coz I use them myself.

Had I been a paying customer I would have walked out but as I got them done free and a refund for my botched wax last month I kept quiet. She did give me the rest of the sheet away though.

Disappointed though. I wanted to try minx. I can do trendy wraps myself!

That's chronic and a measure of her practice in general it seems! I reckon you could minx yourself hon with Geeg's step by step if you're a nail tech. I did it and three weeks and counting on my toes (only cos I can't reach down to redo them! :D) xx

I wanted the client experience though. This was meant to be compensation for ripping the skin off my bikini area and leaving me sore and bruised and scabbed during a wax in a accident "that has never happened before". I certainly won't be going back to her again that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back