Mixing Brands (Gels & Acrylics) to get full use

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtips

Reaction score
Hi

I am bought a few brand in the past when I first started out and I don’t use them and selling them is hard. So I was wondering can you mix brand products.

Such as a ‘Orange’ brand Acrylic powder with ‘Yellow’ brand Retention liquid? And Use a builder gel from one brand with gel overlay from another brand?

I wouldn't, or said in an other way, never on my clients, maybe on myself, but I would always put a layer of clear built with the matching monomer and polymer, if l&p.

If gel I'm certainly not sure, as they are not mixed, they might be more forgiving, but there's a few things to think about as curing time etc. A more experienced geek might give more reasons not to...

As a general rule I don't mix products, BUT if I want colored acrylics like nfu.oh I use their liquid on a base of cnd clear (built with CND monomer)

I have mixed products but only on my own nails. I'd never do it on a clients. Also another thing to think about it does your insurance cover you? Some dont. I think if you do a search you will find there was another thread on here recently about the same thing.:hug:

You know I would not. BUT!!! Don't toss it out! Nope grab a brush you don't care about get your orange sticks out, put on your art hat and make Orange sticks for you nail garden! Its loads of fun! and you come up with great ideas for you clients to see! My daughter used chalk and salt to make colors for mine and I put it in a clear glass bowl to plant my nail flowers in :).

now that is a wicked idea!!

My garden runneth over! ;) I go to bed and dream of new nails to do! lol SOO many colors so few nails! :cry:

You know I would not. BUT!!! Don't toss it out! Nope grab a brush you don't care about get your orange sticks out, put on your art hat and make Orange sticks for you nail garden! Its loads of fun! and you come up with great ideas for you clients to see! My daughter used chalk and salt to make colors for mine and I put it in a clear glass bowl to plant my nail flowers in :).

that sounds likea wicked idea - didnt think of that - aah thank you so much - i was getting frustrated as i have things i dont use and as time goes on - i've got more wiser about what products to use - silly me bought things from my 'beauty college' going by the teachers word and now left with products which arent exactly brilliant (nailite) which i have now found out that the college is using star products.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back