Mixing colours Koleston!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblegumsoap

Reaction score
Hey guys ! Probably a stupid question so please don't shout at me as I have just woken up lol. but my friend has just messaged me asking to color her hair last minute in about an hours time, she normally has 2 tubes of koleston 6/77 full head tint, and I have just been rooting through my colors and I only have 1 tube of 6/77, but I have just found a tube of 5/77 which I used on her hair previously.... Could I mix both together? I don't think she minds that much on how dark it is as where she had bleach on her hair before it does fade slightly sometimes.... If you can get back to me within the next 30 mins that would be fab lol!! If not I better get to Sallys pronto! xxx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes it will be fine just a bit darker x

Thank you so much!!! You have just saved Me a 40 minute round trip :) I thought it would be ok, always worth checking though isn't it xxx

Sent from my D6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha no probs Hun x

Next Time if you have a client with colour fade, use colour touch on the ends rather than koleston.

Colour touch is more conditioning and will help the colour stay in for longer, whereas koleston on top of koleston will damage the hair and the cuticles which will make the colour fade quicker x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back