Mixing different sytems/gels/manufacturers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewNailsbyJulie

Reaction score
Whilst waiting to start my nvq2 I have had plenty of time to research, read books and look at this forum for advice and info and I see it is advised not to mix systems....but I am searching in advance for the best gels for certain things....

So what if, for example, there is a particular make of 'buff off' gel that has a great natural tip colour and another make that is ideal for natural nail plate colour but both can't be found in one sytem? I have read on this forum that Akzentz Natural Coverage Warm Pink is fab for a natural look nail plate and that Light Elegance Natural Tip is amazing for a natural looking free edge!

Could different gels be used together as long as each layer has been cured, wiped and buffed before a different make applied?

Can one make of nail prep be used to clean off a different make of gel?

I love learning and gathering info...I am reading Doug Schoons book at the moment! I am trying to gather correct info before my training starts!

Last edited:
As far as mixing products are concerned it is more about mixing one brand of monomer with another of polymer and using a different brand of primer to the brand of acrylic you are using.

I read in a thread on here recently that layering of different product is fine, e.g. gel over acrylic or layering different brands of gel.

With regard to using one brand of cleanse to removing the tacky layer from the surface of gel, I only use one brand of this for both nsi balance and Ezflow gel systems and no problems.

CND brisa gels have everything that you are looking for on your list,
why don't you give them a ring and ask if they do a try me size,
you will also be able to quiz them about it too
0845 210 6060 hth :hug:

Latest posts

Back