Mixing my solutions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkatiex

Reaction score
So I had a go at mixing some of my 8% and 12% Sienna X last night for a client who wants 10%. (I have run out of 10% as it is my most popular and forgot to order more! Whoopsie!)

I was trying to measure it exactly but I was being rushed out of the kitchen! I think I have more 12% than 8% but we are literally talking a difference of about 5-10mls!

My question is....if there is slightly more 12% than 8% will it just be slightly darker than an 10% or will it ruin the solution and not take to the client properly?

Thanks in advance :) xx

i would be afraid to do this on a client. i think i would have sprayed her lighter with the dark solution instead .

In reply to your actual question, it will take too her you haven't ruined your solution at all I wouldn't mix different brands but as it was the same brand I don't see a problem with it

This may sound bad but i just do a dash of this and bit of that. No mesurments. Its always fine.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

i would just spray some onto kitchen towel first after mixing or spray a little on yourself (somewhere it cant be seen) and see what you make of it but personally i always mix my colours i was told this on my training, its fine to do so.

Thank you everyone for your replies!! I will give it a go this morning on my legs and see how it goes :D

I mix my nouvatan. once or twice I've accidentally used a smidge more of one % than the other & always been fine ;-) I do try to be careful though but sometimes your hand gets carried away whilst pouring it lol x

It is absolutly fine to mix different strengths of the same brand.

If you have a teeny bit more 12% than 8% then it will posibly go slightly darker than a bought 10% but should be in the general 10% range (darker than 8% but lighter than 12% if you know what I mean).

You should aim for equal quantities of each solution when mixing as it makes it possible to work out what percent solution you will be left with. If your just putting a bit of this and a bit of that you won't be able to predict the percent of the resulting solution (it will still work and produce a tan but you won't know how light/dark to expect).

Latest posts

Back