MMA - educating our clients & info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score
I am after some advice & information/wording on MMA that i can use to educate my clients with & also add onto my website.
I have done some searches on here with no luck but I am sure I have read about MMA but cant find it.

Can you please tell me how you explain to your clients what MMA is?

How do you know if a place is using MMA in their products, is they any tell-tell signs that we can make our clients aware of prior to any damage being done?

I only do natural nails but am getting lots of clients come in for Shellac after having nail extensions & their nails are very damaged, so I am not sure if this is because of MMA or just bad removal techniques.

When my clients ask about nail extensions, I always tell them them to look for a CND nail technician as some other places are known to use products that can damage the nails. But I want more solid facts & information to tell them.

Any help & advice would be so helpful x

Geeg posted just recently all about this. Try searching chick but if your clients are anything like mine hell will freeze over before they listen to you. I had a client read my post on fb about mma and she said it made her feel sick, esp the photos attached to it. But a week later she allows her 12yr old daughter to go to a nss. Seriously I give up lol x

I always do searches before asking questions & I had no luck!
If you can share the link or any advice that would be helpful.
What did you tell your post say? x

I've just had a look and can't find it! I'm sure Geeg started it way back in November but it was recently commented on. I'm using my phone do can only search so much x

The post was called mma is not for nails x

That's the one! x

It was in the articles section, only found it as I commented on it. Fab info from Gigi as per usual!
Rhiannon x

It was in the articles section, only found it as I commented on it. Fab info from Gigi as per usual!
Rhiannon x

Yeah where would we be without her x

Would we be allowed to copy and paste that onto our sites or not?

Asha Hussain.

Great, thank you so much, I am going to read it now x

Asha Hussain.

I would private message Gigi but I can't see her saying no! :)
Rhiannon x

Ask your customers how they removed their nail extensions....some will be honest and tell you they picked them off and thus they will have damaged their own nails, others may swear blind they have never picked them off but you can look for tell tale signs they have been picked off!

MMA is a curse and so are customers who pick their nails off!

Asha Hussain.

i wouldn't see why not as i read the same article (basically just incase geeg changed anything in it :) ) on Art of Nailz

Latest posts

Back